Job Title: Nursing, Assistant Professor (Visiting)
West Hartford, CT United States
Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Nursing, Assistant Professor (Visiting)
The University of Saint Joseph invites applications for a Visiting Non-Tenure Full-time position (12-month) in the Department of Nursing. The successful candidate will have a strong background in teaching and scholarship, both at the graduate and undergraduate levels, as well as demonstrated clinical expertise. Specific interests and experience in medical/surgical backgrounds and teaching foundation courses such as research, pathophysiology or pharmacology are preferred.
About the University of Saint Joseph
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in the Catholic tradition, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford’s thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
• Use of evidence-based best practices for educating future nurses and graduate students.
• Classroom, clinical, and online teaching of undergraduate and graduate students.
• Community outreach to agency partners.
• Committee work at the department, school and University levels.
• Student advisement.
• Contribute to the curriculum by assessment, evaluation, and modification as needed.
• Developing or continuing an active program of personal scholarship.
Qualifications & Requirements • Earned doctoral degree in nursing (PhD, EdD or DNP).
• In-depth experience with community, residential and acute care environments.
• Licensed or eligible for license by the state of Connecticut as a Registered Nurse or an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
• Minimum of two years of teaching in pre-licensure and graduate nursing programs.
• Commitment to the mission and values of the University and to the highest standards of the profession of Nursing.
USJ, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population while maintaining a strong commitment to developing the potential of women. The main USJ campus is located in beautiful West Hartford with a state-of-the-art facility in downtown Hartford that houses the School of Pharmacy. Hartford, the State capital, is located on the Connecticut River and midway between Boston and New York City and is part of the New England’s “Knowledge Corridor Partnership”. Hartford-Springfield is New England's most populous region after Greater Boston, with approximately 1.7 million residents and 100,000 university students. Hartford and the surrounding areas are ideally located near other major cities, popular beaches and mountains. The area boasts 29 colleges and universities and numerous major hospitals.
Please visit our employer showcase!