Nursing, Assistant Professor
The University of Saint Joseph invites applications for a Non-Tenure or Tenure Track Full-time position (12-month) in the Department of Nursing. The position is scheduled to begin in August 2019. The successful candidate will be a Family Nurse Practitioner with a have a strong background in clinical practice, teaching and scholarship at the graduate level, as well as demonstrated clinical expertise. In this position, the faculty member will practice half-time and teach half-time. Practice will involve working as a provider at our academic clinical partnership site while precepting nurse practitioner students. Specific interests and teaching experience in nurse practitioner courses such as pathophysiology, pharmacology, adult/geriatric primary care are preferred. The rank for this faculty position will be at the Assistant or Associate level, depending upon experience and credentials.
About the University of Saint Joseph
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in the Catholic tradition, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford’s thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
• Use of evidence-based best practices for educating future nurses and graduate students.
• Classroom, clinical, and online teaching of undergraduate and graduate students.
• Community outreach to agency partners.
• Committee work at the department, school and University levels.
• Student advisement.
• Contribute to the curriculum by assessment, evaluation, and modification as needed.
• Developing or continuing an active program of personal scholarship.
Qualifications & Requirements • Earned Master of Science in Nursing; doctoral degree in nursing preferred (PhD, EdD or DNP).
• Licensed as a Family Nursing Practitioner.
• In-depth experience with community, residential and acute care environments.
• Licensed or eligible for license by the state of Connecticut as a Registered Nurse or an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
• Minimum of two years of teaching in pre-licensure and graduate nursing programs.
• Commitment to the mission and values of the University and to the highest standards of the profession of Nursing.
USJ, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population while maintaining a strong commitment to developing the potential of women. The main USJ campus is located in beautiful West Hartford with a state-of-the-art facility in downtown Hartford that houses the School of Pharmacy. Hartford, the State capital, is located on the Connecticut River and midway between Boston and New York City and is part of the New England’s “Knowledge Corridor Partnership”. Hartford-Springfield is New England's most populous region after Greater Boston, with approximately 1.7 million residents and 100,000 university students. Hartford and the surrounding areas are ideally located near other major cities, popular beaches and mountains. The area boasts 29 colleges and universities and numerous major hospitals.
Please visit our employer showcase!