Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Research & Development
Joining Purina means you’re joining one of the most emotional categories in the world – pet care. At our very core, we’re a human environment – passionate people mastering cutting-edge technology and ways of connecting with our consumers so we can, ultimately, improve the lives of pets.
As a Marketing Associate within our Brand Marketing group, you’ll be responsible for assisting the execution of the marketing strategy for the brand you support, including analyzing the business and our competition. What does your day-to-day look like? Building promotion elements for the business plan; developing sales tools; evaluating sales, share, profit; drawing insights from analytics, and overseeing budgets.
You must be able to find your ‘square’ – find passion in the work you do and develop meaningful partnerships with your customers. And if you’re naturally collaborative, curious, analytical, and digitally-driven, you’ll fit right in. #JoinPurina
- Participate in the development of marketing plan(s) and contribute to objectives, strategies, and tactics that will push new products to market
Promotions and Packaging
- Assist in the execution of promotional programs/calendar
- Manage coupon and customer relationship marketing
- Analyze promotional programs to maximize effectiveness/efficiency and make on-going recommendations for improvements to programs
- Manage packaging changes due to product, graphic, and or formula changes
Budget and Forecast Tracking
- Assist in management of budgets, as well as evaluate share, sales, and profit for the brand
- Maintain packaging and product forecast
- Monitor inventory
- Track brand sales performance and analyze syndicated scan data to recommend changes/improvements based on your analysis of the business and the competitive market
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative marketing research to impact your business and brand decisions
- Develop customer presentations that communicate updates to promotional/trade calendars
- Plan and execute merchandising events, retail tools, and point of sale (POS) displays
Qualifications & Requirements
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
3 years of business experience working in a professional environment, with 1 year of this experience in any of the following areas: e-commerce development, including sales or marketing strategy, design strategy, self-employed entrepreneur, or business analytics
Experience working in digital marketing or e-commerce development, including sales or marketing strategy preferred
Additional Experience and Skills:
Project and budget management
Partnering with vendors
Working with agencies or in-house creative teams
Ability to innovate and think creatively
General management mentality
Experience launching new and disruptive products
Demonstrate ability to adapt quickly to change and deliver results
Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
Demonstrate ability to work independently and autonomously
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Outlook
To our veterans and separated service members—you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you’ll consider sharing in our mission—you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.