Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Warehousing, Executive Management, Research & Development
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America’s largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories. The company operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group. Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide. The Camuto Group owns licensing rights for the Jessica Simpson® footwear business, and footwear and handbag licenses for Lucky Brand® and Max Studio®. In partnership with a joint venture with Authentic Brands Group, Designer Brands also owns a stake in Vince Camuto®, Louise et Cie®, Sole Society®, CC Corso Como®, Enzo Angiolini® and others. More information can be found at www.designerbrands.com.
Assistant Store Managers lead by example and supervise store associates to ensure delivery of an inspiring and uniquely responsive customer experience through service that is friendly, enthusiastic, passionate and real. Assistant Store Managers assist in developing and implementing action plans that meet service levels and balance task completion. Coaches behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion. Each Assistant Store Manager is expected to communicate fashion trend information to store associates to promote product knowledge. Assistant Store Managers assist Store Manager in translating the trend into effective visual presentation, and they ensure that the presentation standards are in line with the company's direction and consistently represent the brand image. Assistant Store Managers assist with inventory control and financial processes.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Store Managers report to the Store Manager. In higher volume stores, the Assistant Store Managers also report to the Operations or Merchandise Manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Assistant Store Managers ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence within the store by focusing on the following:
- Sales and Service - Leads associate engagement and implementation of financial plans to maintain KPI performance on a weekly basis. Meets Rewards and KPI goals by reinforcing behaviors that support Check, Check, Match and the values of the company. Provides recognition and feedback to improve performance. Responds to customer feedback with a sense of urgency.
- Associate and Team Development - Assists with the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of associates. Helps identify and provide associate training, product and trend information. Provides feedback to management on associate performance. Communicates associate goals and provides developmental opportunities, feedback and coaching to support the growth of the company. Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills. Assists with daily associate relations issues and annual performance review process.
- Merchandising - Participates in and leads associates in merchandise placement, shipment processing and store recovery. Assists in the communication and execution of presentation standards that are consistent with brand image. Ensures store is compliant with established ”Brand
Experience” standards. Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Operations - Ensures consistency in daily housekeeping. Ensures all inventory and pricing directives are implemented. Opens and closes store in rotation with management staff. Leads by example ensuring company policy and procedural compliance. Maintains Loss Prevention and Safety standards. Adheres to daily store cleaning, recovery and maintenance. Reviews communication materials (Footnotes, memos, e-mail, etc) and follows up accordingly. Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store.
- Other Duties - Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other supervisor.