|Doctoral Programs Coordinator|
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Location: Azusa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/10/2020
Expire Date: 12/10/2020
Job Categories: Education
Doctoral Programs Coordinator|
This person is responsible for managing the logistics for two doctoral programs: the Ed.D. in Higher Education Leadership and the Ph.D. in Higher Education. This person oversees the execution of two 2-week intensive residencies per year on campus in early January and mid-July (Ph.D.) and ten 2-day intensives per year in every month except May and August (Ed.D.). Additional responsibilities include maintaining consistent office presence in the doctoral program office, interfacing with doctoral applicants and students, maintaining all inquiry, student, and alumni databases, updating the doctoral programs website, managing the creation of regular content for social media platforms, processing scholarships, scheduling courses, editing catalog pages, executing 3 large-scale hooding ceremonies and receptions, planning Information Sessions and other outreach events, coordinating on-site hospitality for students and guests, acting as a liaison for doctoral pr ograms with campus partners, and providing assistance to the EdD and PhD Program Directors as well as the Chair of the Department of Higher Education in scheduling international travel, conferences, and program logistics.
This person also supervises all office staff for doctoral programs, including a Graduate Assistant and two undergraduate work-study Office Assistants, and reports directly to the Chair of the Department.
* Bachelorís degree.
* 3-5 years of administrative experience.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Manage all student marketing, recruitment, and progress to degree completion within the PhD in Higher Education and the EdD in Higher Education Leadership programs. Interface with doctoral inquirers, applicants, students, and alumni as a representative for doctoral programs.
* Assist Program Directors in responding to student needs as they arise. This may include reviewing transcripts, processing registrar paperwork, creating feedback surveys, and advising students according to course sequences.
* Manage all program logistics, including all doctoral program courses and activities, conferences, comprehensive exam processes, dissertation presentations, and on-campus research conferences for the doctoral programs in Higher Education.
* Assist with financial processes that interface with other departments and external vendors such as expense reimbursements, budget transfers, honorariums, and invoices.
* Lead all staff meetings. Attend regular program and department meetings and maintain accurate meeting minutes.
* Manage the research assistantships, dissertation fellowships, student workers, and other research support for faculty.
* Supervise the graduate assistant and student workers within the department.
* Assist doctoral students in finalizing all dissertation processes for graduation including ordering regalia, degree clearance, and scheduling dissertation defenses.
* Facilitate the ongoing research and assessment processes across the department, include program review, outcomes assessment, and coordinating the work of the doctoral student advisory boards.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with proper English usage.
* Computer and word processing and spreadsheet skills, including familiarity with Excel and Microsoft Word.
* Able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision. Strong interpersonal, collaborative, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, with good judgment, priority setting, and logical decision-making.
* Able to supervise others appropriately and positively while holding them accountable for their work.
* Able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks and competing demands.
* Responsiveness to student needs within a distributed learning format.
* Able to work collaboratively and collegially across multiple departments in the university.
* Comfortable with a strengths-based philosophy of education and willing to work collaboratively with others.
* Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
* Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
* Ability to stoop to lower file drawers and reach top of five-drawer filing cabinet.
* Computer monitor and reading.
* Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Open office.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZGhpY2tzLjkyMDAxLjM2NTlAYXp1c2FwYWNpZmljdW5pdmVyc2l0eS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20