|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Part Time Line Cook|
Company: The Boston Beer Company
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/19/2021
Expire Date: 01/29/2021
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Restaurant and Food Service
Part Time Line Cook|
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for a Part Time Line Cook at Coney Island Brewery.
The line cook prepares and cooks or heats taproom items for customers in bulk or single food orders. This person keeps all preparation flowing in an efficient, sanitary, timely, and orderly fashion with consistent appearance, quality and taste. Additionally, the kitchen/line cook seeks out collaboration as a means to produce better results.
What You'll Do:
• Prepare and cook culinary products through prompt execution of the Tap room food offerings. Maintain quality of ingredient appearance by ensuring safe kitchen practices on a daily basis.
• Keep a comprehensive knowledge of the Taproom’s beer and food products
• Measure and convert ingredients to scale recipes up or down as needed
• Follow recipes in order to timely fill food orders of consistent taste, quality, and presentation as needed
• Adhere to cleaning checklists and upholds a clean, sanitary, and organized kitchen by cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and dishwashing throughout all scheduled shifts.
• Help control food costs through support of various initiatives including proper labeling/rotation, storage, ordering, receiving, and accurate recipe and prep execution
• Organize food and ingredient supply orders in accordance with FIFO ordering system
• Ensure all periodic checklists are completed in a timely manner and all side work is completed as assigned; train and supervise new staff as needed
• Maintain a level of sanitation and safe food service practices that will reflect in consistent passing reviews by the Board of Health.
• Maintain active Serve Safe Certification; enforces and adheres to all safety and sanitation initiatives as required by the position and the company’s safety and sanitation program.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Regularly required to stand for long periods of time
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required includes close vision and distance vision
• Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk and hear
• Occasionally crouching, reaching.
• Able to work in confined space
• Weekend/Weeknights, and holiday availability a must.
What We're Looking For:
Required: High School Education or GED Equivalent
Preferred: Certificate, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts
Prior Work Experience
Required: At least 2 years of culinary/kitchen experience in a hi-volume establishment. Working knowledge of executing recipes
Desired: Some experience working in a Tap Room environment, has operated a POS register in a timely manner at kitchen counter.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, relocation assistance, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.