|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|R&D Engineering Technician|
Location: Lexington, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/07/2021
Expire Date: 04/03/2021
Job Categories: Computers, Software, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical
R&D Engineering Technician|
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
You've got the practical experience and broad knowledge. This is your opportunity to build on your technical design support experience, while making recommendations for change and formulating the techniques that enhance design for performance. You'll determine and develop approaches to assignments, utilizing your able planning and judgment across technical design tasks and providing solutions for a broad range of problems.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a R&D Engineering Technician for the Hardware Platform Solutions Engineering Group in the Cell Analysis Division of Agilent.
As an R&D Technician you'll be part of a team that designs, prototypes, and tests/ analyzes new products in Agilent's Cell Analysis Division. Most projects include a cross functional team of electrical, firmware, mechanical, and software engineers, as well as applications engineers and biologists, to create a complete system.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
* Build prototype instrument assemblies from R&D level documentation and direction. Support new product development in building, debug, repair, documentation and rework of new instrument designs.
* Provide documentation for R&D, Manufacturing, internal/external fabrication and assembly shops.
* Recommend design changes and/or formulates techniques to enhance design and manufacturability.
* Research and recommend replacements for obsolete components or electronic parts.
* Will coordinate, write, or process ECO's, purchase orders or other business processes in support of R&D activities.
* Repair breadboard, prototype, or production instruments used in R&D.
* Will coordinate, write, or process BOM's, drawings, procedures, regulatory or product documents; contributes to the design history file. Perform instrument verification tests.
* Will manage laboratory activities, tools, and materials and maintain lab equipment calibration records in accordance with ISO 9001 standards.
* Set up and execute experiments, including data analysis and reporting. Contribute to the definition of test methods and measurement techniques.
* This position requires an Associate's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent specialized training/certification, plus typically 3+ years of relevant experience.
* Experience building prototype instrument assemblies from R&D level documentation and direction. Support new product development in building, debug, repair, documentation and rework of new instrument designs.
* Experience in engineering laboratory fabrication tools and methods (hand tool skills, soldering, electrical repair), cable assembly (soldering, crimping), basic machining
* Experience with mechanical and electrical CAD (Solidworks, Siemens NX, OrCAD, ExpressPCB, ExpressSCH, Mentor Graphics)
* Lab maintenance experience supporting instrument calibration and repair responsibilities, tracking service, PM, and record keeping
* Experience with electro-optic instrument design, debug, and assembly
* 3D printing experience for quick prototypes and test fixtures.
* Ability to design and build PCA test fixtures through schematic capture and layout.
* Experience in parts and design standardization corporate culture.
* Knowledge about regulatory requirements as related to parts definition, supplier details, product testing, and legal aspects.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com opens an email client application . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled