|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Location: Plymouth, MI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/02/2021
Expire Date: 03/12/2021
Job Categories: Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Retail/Wholesale, Warehousing, Energy / Utilities
This position is responsible to provide service and support at a warehouse or distribution center by receiving, storing, and shipping materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Loads/unloads merchandise or material from cars or trucks. Packs and unpacks shipments, processing, scanning and shelving of parts, pulling orders, and data entry into computerized inventory control systems.
Operates all lift equipment in a safe manner to ensure personal protection and to ensure the protection of other personnel and company property.
Maintain clean and safe working environments. Sweeps and mops floors.
Assists with general maintenance to include light painting, carpentry, and completes basic repairs of tools.
Plans layout, maintenance and up keep of stockroom and other storage areas and consolidates existing stock to maximize space utilization.
May assist in inventory management
Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED equivalent required and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience in warehouse, shipping and receiving.
Forklift experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
May require equipment certification for forklift & aerial lifts, power pallet jack, etc.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, handheld mobile technologies and applications.
Ability to use computer system to record materials received and shipped.
Physical ability to assist with warehouse operations. Able to lift 50 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
1. Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated with the work environment
2. Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
4. Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc.) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so