Company: Nestle Location: St. Petersburg, FL Employment Type: Full Time Date Posted: 04/24/2021 Expire Date: 05/13/2021 Job Categories:
Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Sales, Research & Development, Medical
Specialty Representative, GI
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
The Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for sales performance of the full portfolio within an assigned geographic territory through successful execution of marketing strategies. The role is responsible for growing business relationships with key decision makers and influencers. Responsible for focused detailing to specific targets with a carefully defined messaging strategy and call sequence, leveraging business and value solutions based on evidence, and outcome data, supporting the GI platform.
• Focus on driving growth among GI/Critical Care target specialists and new accounts. Meets/exceeds sales and profit objectives in assigned accounts.
• Educate targeted healthcare providers on the benefits of a novel GI therapy within assigned territory
• Understand the GI healthcare environment and appropriately execute the selling process in a manner that is concise, compliant, professional and persuasive; and which addresses a need and leads the customer to action.
• Develop and communicate deep scientific understanding of GI disorders, assigned, and competitive products within the GI marketplace
• Cultivate and maintain long-term business relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders within the GI community
• Develop and implement a territory specific business plan and utilize all available resources to foster a successful sales environment
• Effectively convey complex clinical and reimbursement product information to key stakeholders in a highly competitive marketplace
• Execute a customer centric needs based selling approach with targeted Healthcare Providers
• Utilize the sales reporting systems on a regular basis for call preparation, to record and track sales activity and to gather market intelligence data.
• Organize meetings and deliver content to health care professionals on the topic of GI and nutrition aligned with tangible account objects and metrics as defined by the customer.
• Conduct promotional programs for both professional and patient audiences
• Attend local, regional and national meetings as directed
Qualifications & Requirements
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree
• 3 years medical/clinical selling experience with demonstrated success in specialty medical products OR 5 years combined experience in sales with demonstrated success and clinical experience
• Consistently meets and exceeds sales targets
• Ability to develop solid and long-standing business relationships with strategic/targeted customers
• Demonstrated solid financial and analytical skills
• This position will require 25% or more travel to develop internal and external relationships (depending on geographical location)
• A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Degree in Business, Marketing or a Medical Science. MBA preferred
• Proven ability to make complex decisions when dealing with complexity and ambiguity
• Able to work in a fast paced and matrixed environment
• Ability to analyze internal and external trends and issues and take appropriate action
• Strong priority setting skills and timely decision making
• Strong presentation skills & written communications
• Microsoft Office, CRM/Veeva, Sales reporting technology skills
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.