|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Location: Santa Clara All Buildings, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/27/2021
Expire Date: 11/07/2021
Job Categories: Computers, Software, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Science, Research & Development, Medical
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Agilent Genomics group is an established leader in providing robust reagents and analysis solutions to the next-generation sequencing (NGS) market. Our team remains committed to offering our NGS customers cutting-edge products and workflow solutions through our continued development efforts. We are looking for new team members excited to join our multi-functional program focused on expanding Agilent NGS capabilities. This is your opportunity to actively contribute in a fast-paced environment that encourages learning and expertise in this high-growth industry.
We are seeking a hardworking R&D bioinformatics scientist who has NGS work experience. You will take responsibility for the design and implementation of data analysis which is part of a NGS workflow. You will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary teams, to ensure that the final output of the Agilent NGS workflow is of the highest possible quality and robustness.
The R&D bioinformatics scientist will analyze the sequencing data and share the key results with a highly diversified group. You will regularly exercise technical discretion in design, execution and interpretation of bioinformatics analysis. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of Agilent’s NGS products including sequencing reagents, analysis tools and software.
* Collaborate with the molecular biology and software engineering team to analyze the sequencing data.
* Develop bioinformatics tools for NGS data processing.
* Join the team in troubleshooting artifacts and performance variation encountered during product development.
* Present data to multidisciplinary audience of scientists and engineers.
* Stay ahead of with the latest advancements in bioinformatics
* MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computational biology or field relevant to next generation sequencing
* 3+ years of relevant experience working with bioinformatics tools and NGS data analysis.
* Demonstrated skill in development of new algorithms in Python, R, Linux or similar environments.
* Domain knowledge of sequencing processing, data analysis, and applications of sequencing technologies.
* Experience with machine learning and software development will be considered a plus.
* Ability to solve a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity.
* Team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled