|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Column Loading Operator - 1st shift|
Location: Newport, DE
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/27/2021
Expire Date: 09/25/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Environmental
Column Loading Operator - 1st shift|
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Consider joining an exciting production team that provides consumables for Agilent's growing pharmaceutical and life sciences customer base.
We have an open position at our Newport, Delaware site where we manufacture High Performance Liquid Chromatography columns. We are looking for a highly motivated operator to work in our production department on 1st shift (6:15 AM to 2:45 pm). The successful candidate will be working as part of an operations team, assembling, loading and testing HPLC columns. We offer a competitive starting salary around $17/hour with the option to work overtime as needed. An excellent benefits package including four weeks' vacation the first year, health, dental and eye care, 401K plan, as well as HSA plan.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Manufacturing assembly of HPLC columns. Tasks will include assembling, filling, measuring, mixing, testing and verifying performance.
* No previous experience with HPLC columns or in the science field required. Initial on the job training will last about 2-4 weeks. The ideal candidate is a responsible, self-motivated individual who can work well with teams and individually.
In addition to the above, all Agilent employees are expected to:
* Provide feedback to supervisor and team lead on safety, quality, interpersonal and process related issues.
* Actively participate and contribute to continual improvement
* Maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed work area. Practice good safety and environmental habits and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
* Demonstrate and promote Agilent values.
* Ability to assemble parts: High level of manual dexterity and attention to detail.
* Teamwork: demonstrated ability to work with others to accomplish a common goal.
* Flexibility: demonstrated ability to adjust rapidly and effectively to change and remain open to new ideas.
* Demonstrated ability to bend, reach, stoop and remain standing for extended periods of time (up to 6-8 hours per day).
* Basic computer skills.
* 2+ years manufacturing/production experience preferred
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com opens an email client application opens an email client application. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled