|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Location: Little Falls, DE
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/27/2021
Expire Date: 09/25/2021
Job Categories: Computers, Software, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Military, Research & Development, Medical, Environmental, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Agilent Technologies is a global, diversified technology company, with over 14,000 employees focused on creating instruments for the chemical analysis, life sciences, and diagnostics industries. Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security. As an employee at the Wilmington site a wide variety of unique options are available to you: flexible work hours, on-site cafeteria and fitness center with a variety of classes, basketball, tennis, volleyball courts, and more! You will also be able to participate in a number of different community volunteer projects. We are located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia; just a 2 hour drive north to New York City or south to Washington, DC.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Solutions Engineering team is looking to hire a Software Engineer to provide technical leadership in developing software solutions to projects within the OFS Engineering and Technology group.
* Provides expert technical and strategic guidance to team of software engineers
* Technical lead for team of software developers responsible for delivering complete software applications or components of a software application
* Leads technical software designs of high complexity and participates in design reviews
* Develop software of high complexity that cannot be delegated to junior software developers
* Evaluates various software technologies to ensure the best fit for business need
* Conducts code reviews and unit test case reviews
* Provides guidance in the development of the technical resources including training, skills development and mentoring software engineers
The job candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s in Computer science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and have experience in the following areas:
* Strong Object Oriented design skills
* Expert Windows and .NET debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Experience with Web Service design
* Git source control
* Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years of engineering experience with focus on software development or three years of software development experience with a masters or PhD in Computer Science
Desired Job Qualifications:
* Experience in full stack software development (Microsoft Technology stack preferred)
* C# or Java (C# strongly preferred)
* Bash/ Unix / Shell scripting
* Embedded programming, including programming microcontrollers/DSPs or FPGA’s in C and/or C++
* Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email email@example.com or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled