|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Field Applications Scientist, Genomics Automation|
Location: Remote Location, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/13/2022
Expire Date: 10/09/2022
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Education, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Military, Sales, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Field Applications Scientist, Genomics Automation|
To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent’s Diagnostics and Genomics Group is seeking an enthusiastic, people-oriented, Pre Sales Application Scientist to assist customers with automated genomics workflows. The primary role of this position is to partner with the sales organization and serve as the scientific/technical expert to help drive sales and provide onboarding support for new and existing customers for the Bravo NGS workstation.
As the technical liaison between our customers and the field sales organization, you will be functioning in a pre-sales capacity by partnering with a local sales organization to ensure automation solutions that customers are considering will meet their scientific needs.
Candidates must be located on the East Coast (Boston, Atlanta, Maryland, etc.) as you will be expected to drive/fly to client’s sites 25-35% of the time, while not at a client location you may work remotely.
This may include evaluating the applications for automation feasibility, providing pre-sales technical consultation, writing custom scripts/protocols using VWorks software as needed, and education and training for customers to enable them to utilize Agilent's liquid handling/automation solutions.
Other responsibilities for this position may include leading on-site instrument demonstrations with customer samples, representing Agilent at scientific conferences, and escalating issues with other internal departments. You may also be asked to assist with the internal training of the sales organization and/or aide in the review/contribution to new application notes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide pre-sales scientific/technical consultation with customers in partnership with the sales team to educate and guide the selection of Agilent's automation solutions for the genomics business.
* Perform pre-sales demonstrations of automation and VWorks software
* Provide remote and on-site troubleshooting assistance to customers in partnership with internal technical support and R&D teams.
* Providing on-site and remote application training at customer labs.
* Demonstrate proper operating procedures with Agilent Genomics Solutions Automation
* Reporting observations and sales opportunities to Sales, Product Marketing, and Technical Support
* Serve as a conduit between the online Technical Support team and Field Service Engineers
* Develop custom scripts, in partnership with peers and customers to address workflow needs
* Collaborate with Genomics R&D on the development of official Agilent automation protocols
* Requires flexibility in working hours and the ability to travel up to 25 - 35% depending on location
* Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and teaching skills are required
* BS/MS degree in molecular biology, genetics, or similar field. Ph.D. a plus.
* Strong hands-on expertise in implementing automation solutions for genomics applications.
* Strong ability to troubleshoot molecular biology as well as hardware/automation repair.
* Direct laboratory experience with NGS library preparation techniques, targeted NGS methods, qPCR, and PCR, are strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with CAP / CLIA accreditation or direct experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment is desirable.
* Industrial experience specifically providing pre/post sales technical support for field-based sales organizations and delivering technical seminars to audiences is a plus.
* Direct experience running a Bravo NGS system and scripting Bravo protocols is a plus.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled