|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Field Relocation Team Manager|
Location: Remote Location, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/11/2022
Expire Date: 08/28/2022
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Military, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Field Relocation Team Manager|
To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
This is a field-based position where you will be managing project managers performing projects at different customer sites in Boston and other cities in the Eastern United States. The preferred candidate is in the Greater Boston area.
Where will your project management and technical leadership not only make an impact, but also develop even further? Right here, where you will manage, mentor and coach project managers who are providing end to end delivery of large customer projects as part of an outstanding team!
In this role, the experienced manager supports the sale and supports PM’s in the solution design/development of large integrated service projects to external customers; often involving multi-function and multi-vendor efforts. These projects can include but are not limited to: Asset Management Program assistance, relocation of customer assets, facility inventories, and other projects as identified.
The desired candidate for this position will lead all aspects of the PM’s in their overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements. They are responsible for oversight and guidance in the pricing of customized solutions and ensuring implementation or delivery within specified goals. It is important that this Manager can build and maintain employee and customer relationships. . This is a hands-on working position where you are an active part of the project delivery. Our ideal candidate enjoys working face to face with customers, works well leading others and has a strong attention to detail.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Has experience leading others and working with strong project teams
* Can demonstrate a dedication to industry accepted project management processes, practices, tools, and behaviors with a consistent track record of project participation or management.
* Is detail oriented and good at multi-tasking
* Can be mobile for up to 8 hours with limited breaks
* Can communicate effectively, lead meetings, handle conflict resolution and maintain documentation that is shared with customers, sales, and management
* Can adapt to change and make tough trade-offs when vital-- within a timeline, project or needs of the department
* Works well in diverse teams while being willing and able to make course corrections if one path isn't working
* Has the core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork and is accountable for their actions
* Can travel outside of Boston, MA 50% of the time if necessary
Job Requirement: * Meet Agilent approved customer/vendor credentialing requirements necessary to gain site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by customer/vendor and may include, but are not limited to: post-employment background checks, various forms of drug testing, vaccinations, fingerprinting, proof of valid identification, and/or adherence to customer-specific substance abuse programs. Your consent to participate in customer requested screening is a requirement of this position.
* Bachelor's Degree and/or Master’s Degree in a relevant scientific field preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and hands on experience
* 5+ years of direct people management experience in a customer facing environment preferred
* 5+years Experience leading sophisticated projects – customer facing projects preferred
* Laboratory technical experience or laboratory instrument service and maintenance experience (prefer pharmaceutical Instrumentation experience) is a plus
* Basic GMP and GLP experience is a plus
* Lean Six Sigma background and PMP certification is a plus
* Familiarity with the following software is desired - Microsoft Office (Excel / Word / Share Point / Power Point). Additional software such as Maximo, SAP, or other Data management software, MS Project, Visio, SmartSheet or other project management software knowledge
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email email@example.com or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled