|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Field Service Engineer|
Location: Reno, NV
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/11/2022
Expire Date: 08/28/2022
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Military, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Field Service Engineer|
To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
This is a remote field-position based in Reno, NV.
Every day, Agilent Field Service Engineers help our customers to tackle issues that enable scientists to make discoveries that improve the quality of life. Through our work, we deliver insights and provide support that keep labs running smoothly and more efficiently. Join our dynamic organization to be a part of this exciting work!
As a Field Service Engineer for Agilent, you will work at a variety of labs, so having an appetite for continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables is key. Applying your communication skills, creativity and can-do attitude is crucial. The ability to help with solving customer problems and a dedication to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is how you will build customer success.
You will be responsible for supporting our customers with on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor instruments, including but not limited to: gas-chromatography, liquid-chromatography, and spectroscopy instruments. Our varied product lines include hardware, software, and networking products as well as operating systems.
* Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites
* Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems
* Performs maintenance and repairs
* Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance
* Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business
* Deliver fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software
* Train other field engineers and customers in the solutions
Job Requirement: • Meet Agilent approved customer/vendor credentialing requirements necessary to gain site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by customer/vendor and may include, but are not limited to: post-employment background checks, various forms of drug testing, vaccinations, fingerprinting, proof of valid identification, and/or adherence to customer-specific substance abuse programs. Your consent to participate in customer requested screening is a requirement of this position.
* Bachelors or Master’s Degree within the Science or Engineering field – e.g. Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or similar field of study
* 4+ years of demonstrated ability in analytical techniques and method development using molecular and/or atomic spectroscopy, liquid-chromatography, and gas-chromatography in a similar position or as an end user of these techniques/instruments
* Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving
* Verbal and written communication is clear, respectful and timely
* Must have a valid Driver's License
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email email@example.com or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled