|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Forklift Operator, Picking (1 AM - 9:30AM)|
Location: Memphis, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/11/2022
Expire Date: 08/14/2022
Job Categories: Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Retail/Wholesale, Logistics, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Forklift Operator, Picking (1 AM - 9:30AM)|
To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
From ensuring food is free from contaminants, to quickly and accurately diagnosing cancer and other diseases, laboratories worldwide rely on solutions from Agilent Technologies to gain the insights they seek. Agilent is investing in an industry-leading distribution hub in Memphis, Tennessee. Join our team of global logistics professionals adding value to customer partnerships with Agilent.
You will be responsible for receiving and shipping materials in our Regional Logistics Center.
Under supervision, you will perform a variety of manual tasks related to the operation of the logistics center. Responsible for ensuring all orders are accurately and efficiently distributed in compliance with specified customer-shipping instructions. Responsible for the movement of material throughout the distribution center in accordance with safety, quality and productivity guidelines performed in the following work areas:
Duties & Responsibilities
* Works in a team-oriented environment.
* Perform a variety of tasks in departments according to the work assignments for that day. This may be in regularly assigned departments or others as needed.
* Perform tasks in accordance with standard practices, procedures or methods. Interprets instructions and executes tasks.
* Receive incoming shipments of materials in accordance with company standard receiving practices. Unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand and forklift. Move materials to/from storage or work sites to designated areas using hand truck and power devices. Verify receipts against delivery manifest and/or purchase order.
* Stock, pick and pack materials to and from bin locations and in processing areas according to company standard practices.
* Ship outgoing materials in accordance with company standard practices. Load materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand and forklift.
* Verify shipments against delivery requirements and/or packing slips. Pack a variety of products in standard containers according to prescribed practices. Cover products with packing material to prevent shifting or breakage.
* Assemble orders for pickup or for loading on delivery truck.
* Process customer returns.
* Execute 5s plan
* Ensure correct merchandise is received, picked, packed and shipped in requested quantities and in proper container.
"What's it like to work at Agilent in Manufacturing? Watch the video"
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
* 3+ years directly related experience operating a forklift in a distribution environment
* Basic computer skills required to include Microsoft Excel
* Qualified candidates must be available to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 8am-7pm.
* Experience with RF Scan gun
* Experience using SAP or another ERP system is a plus
* Specialized training or experience would be a plus
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled