|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|R&D Scientist Biomolecular Analysis|
Location: Ankeny, IA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/18/2022
Expire Date: 08/28/2022
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Sales, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical
R&D Scientist Biomolecular Analysis|
To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers, and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies -- we stand for high-tech and laboratory expertise around the world. As a worldwide company based in Santa Clara (California/USA), in the heart of Silicon Valley, we offer instruments, software, services, and supplies for the entire workflow in the analytical laboratory. Our solutions and products are used among other things for the development of new drugs, food testing, cancer research, and doping control. We inspire discoveries that advance the quality of life. At our Ankeny Iowa site, we develop market-leading automated electrophoresis instruments and reagent product lines within the Biomolecular Analysis Division. We develop differentiated analytical instruments and consumables that are aligned with the Division’s strategic business goals.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an R&D Scientist to develop novel automated electrophoresis instruments and assays within the Biomolecular Analysis Division at Agilent Technologies, located in Ankeny, Iowa.
The R&D scientist will generate new concepts and turn the concepts into innovative products for the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins. This person will work with engineers and scientists within the global R&D organization to drive projects forward. This person will also work closely with colleagues from other functions including marketing, manufacturing, and quality as a member of cross-functional project teams to develop new products according to Agilent’s product lifecycle.
• Initiate design and execute the development of new products and solutions for Agilent’s automated electrophoresis platforms.
• Together with the development team, verify and validate the performance of new instrumentation, software, and assays.
• Follow Agilent’s product lifecycle and document experimental design, test plans, and test results.
• Work closely with other functions within the global organization including marketing, quality, product support, and manufacturing.
• Follow the latest technology trends and propose new concepts and ideas for further research and development. Generate proof-of-concept results to show feasibility.
• Present research findings and testing results to project teams as well as management.
• Publish and present research at internal and external technical forums. File patents when necessary.
• Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on research experience
• Theoretical as well as hands on knowledge of analytical separation techniques, preferably capillary electrophoresis, is required.
• Practical experience in the separation of DNA, RNA and proteins is strongly desired.
• Knowledge in Agilent’s automated electrophoresis products is a strong plus.
• Experience in utilizing analytical instrumentations is strongly desired.
• Proven track record in research and publication is required.
• Ability in solving complex technical issues and driving solutions and innovations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled