|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Director, Gas Chromatography Product Marketing|
Location: Little Falls, DE
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/15/2022
Expire Date: 10/16/2022
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Other / General, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Director, Gas Chromatography Product Marketing|
To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
You've gained a high level of experience in Gas Chromatography (GC) and associated instrument systems. Here's where you take it further. Join a multifaceted best-in-class group at Agilent, based in Wilmington, DE, involved in developing innovative GC systems and solutions!
In this position, you will provide leadership to assure our GC products deliver premium value to our customers, and that they are considered the best in the industry. You will have a team of product managers reporting directly to you. You and your team will be responsible for understanding the workflow and application needs of our customers and developing products that differentiate our position in the marketplace. Your team will act as Voice of Customer providing input into instrument, software, and service product development in GC. You will evaluate technologies and product prototypes, working closely with applications chemists and R&D to drive technology and product advancement. Your team will provide all marketing deliverables for projects on our product development roadmap and will be responsible for all aspects of product management.
Key responsibilities include:
* Provide leadership with vision, clear goals, metrics and accountability. Develop and communicate product and portfolio strategy proposals, to secure cross-functional input and management support. Drive a team culture through open cross-functional collaboration across Agilent.
* Lead and motivate a team of product managers responsible for all GC products. Your team will be responsible for product structures, pricing, forecasts, competitive analysis, training material development, messaging, positioning and other product management functions to successfully manage the growth and success of products in the GC portfolio throughout their lifecycle.
* Assure a continued robust and competitive product portfolio driven by inbound marketing. Your team will define and prioritize product requirements for new products. They will carry out necessary market research and customer engagement to assure development investment and marketing strategies are market driven. They will establish the fundamental value proposition and positioning within the portfolio and competitive marketplace, and work with outbound marketing managers to establish commercialization strategies that drive successful ramp to volume.
* Assure software, services and consumables are designed-in for each product at the start of the development lifecycle. Your team will collaborate closely with our software development division, and allied product lines in Agilent to assure strategic alignment and execution excellence in product development and product management.
* Develop detailed yearly operating plans for major initiatives and hold team accountable to execution to plan. Document and communicate progress regularly to management.
* Thrive in a team environment, working towards a common vision and goal. Assume responsibility and take initiative to proactively drive programs independently. Take reasonable risks, continuously learn, and improve your performance.
* Bachelors or Master degree or University Degree in Chemistry or related science or equivalent plus typically 5+ years of relevant experience as a first level and second level manager
* Demonstrated strong management and leadership skills in implementing program/organization strategies
* 5+ years of practical experience with chromatography and/or instrument systems
* Successful track record of developing or commercializing analytical instrumentation
* First-hand experience in the GC instrument business, and be very knowledgeable in applications for GC and chromatography in general
* Solid knowledge of the workflows and needs of GC users in multiple industries
* Technical understanding of the basic constructs of GC instrumental systems
* Keen business sense is necessary
* Prior lab supervision or experience in business management preferred
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled