|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Managerial - School Culture and Climate Manager|
Company: Boston Public Schools
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/04/2022
Expire Date: 08/25/2022
Job Categories: Education, Information Technology, Military, Executive Management
Managerial - School Culture and Climate Manager|
The English High School, founded in 1821, is the oldest public high school in the nation. Grounded in its tradition to provide a high quality education to all students, English High School is an open-enrollment school serving grades 7-12. EHS is committed to providing multiple avenues to post-secondary success by offering a traditional liberal arts education and career and technical pathways. Our students are instilled with the values of honor, achievement and service to humanity as they find and cultivate their passions. Our educators are highly qualified, committed to equity, collaborative, and committed to their own growth.
The School Culture and Climate Manager
will work with the school's School Culture Team to ensure that students demonstrate
dramatic student achievement gains and internalize the school's values. The
School Culture and Climate Manager will helplead the school's efforts to create a positive, structured, consistent, caring, and disciplined school culture.
• Maintain and further develop a joyful, structured, achievement-oriented school culture
• With the School Culture Team, build systems and procedures which protect the sanctity of
instructional time and reinforce a positive school culture
• Serve as a point person for discipline and culture issues and maintain systems of efficiency in
Deans of Student's Office
• Reinforce the effective use of a school-wide behavior plan
• Ensure that the physical environment of the school reinforces school culture and facilitates
• Manage detention and extension
• Assist during arrival and dismissal
• Be highly present and visible during school hours
• Model the school's values and the standard for professional behavior
• A strong belief in our values: Students, Community, Humility,
Resilience, and Humor
• Bachelor's degree is preferred
• For Boston applicants: residency in Boston is required
• Current authorization to work in the United States - A candidate must have such authorization
by hisor her first day of employment
Terms: Managerial Tier C
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools. org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
NOTE: School-based managerial employees will work 223 days between July 1st and June 30th each year. The 223 day work-year will include the 180 days in which school is in session, and the additional days will be determined by the employee and the principal or headmaster of the school. This position is subject to the City of Boston residency requirement.
School-based managerial employees are not eligible for vacation time or compensatory time. In the event of school cancellation due to snow or inclement weather, school-based managerial employees need not report to work.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals' dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.