Funding for Health Outreach to Decrease Health Disparities!
Posted By: Nancy Patterson on January 16, 2019 |
This message is for institutions in Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, the US Virgin Islands, Virginia and West Virginia.
The attached PDF is hyperlinked to provide quick access to National Network of Libraries of Medicine links for more information. Our new cycle of funding will be open for application in February and we are trying to get the word out - Please feel free to share the attached PDF with anyone in the region.
We are the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM), a collaborative group of libraries and other organizations dedicated to improving the health literacy of our communities through promotion of reliable health information resources and instruction on how to use them. We serve everyone from all spectrums of the health care transaction – from health professionals to patients. Membership and all services are FREE!
NNLM is one of the outreach arms of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and is divided into 8 regions across the country.
We are the Southeastern/Atlantic region and we serve these states and territories:
Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, the US Virgin Islands, Virginia and West Virginia
[If you’re from another state, find your regional contacts via a link in the attached PDF.]
Complete our New Member Application and join us in the fight against health disparities!
This is a great time to join NNLM and start planning your health outreach projects for our
New Round of Funding Opportunities to be announced in February!
(Only NNLM SEA members are eligible to apply for funding.)
Projects run from May 1st, 2019 to April, 30th, 2020 – How can we help your community?
Besides that our FREE membership connects you with a great network, there are many other benefits:
• Free training on PubMed, MedlinePlus, other NLM Databases or topics like Multilingual Health Information, Data Visualization, and Grant Writing among many others.
* Our free CE classes support the Medical Library Association's Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) program
• Funding in support of your health information outreach, technology improvement, professional development or exhibit participation.
• Free health information materials shipped from NLM – think PubMed and MedlinePlus cards and bookmarks among TONS of other stuff!
• NLM traveling exhibits delivered to you and WE pay the shipping! Themes from The History of Medicine to Harry Potter to Medical Careers to Frankenstein to Graphic Medicine to the DNA of Beer are only a few possibilities.
• Keep up on regional and NLM news and updates, including funding announcements from NNLM and NLM and keep informed as a subscriber to SEA Currents, the NNLM SEA blog. You can even contribute to the blog or present a webinar for a nice resume bullet - Just let us know if you’re interested!
• Networking with other members to form partnerships, share expertise or just enjoy connecting with colleagues!
We’d love to welcome you to the network – Please reach out and let me know how we can be of assistance to you and your community.
Join us! https://nnlm.gov/members/join-network
Wishing you healthy & happy communities,
Nancy Patterson, MLS
Network Engagement Coordinator
NNLM, Southeastern/Atlantic Region
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Health Sciences & Human Services Library
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Direct Line: (410) 706-2858
NNLM SEA site: www.nnlm.gov/sea
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author