Plant Maintenance Engineer - Cambridge #26541
The Plant Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of all components of the central heating and hot water system. This includes acting as the chief engineer for operation of the agency’s three low-pressure boilers. The Plant Maintenance Engineer also functions as a member of the Direct Care & Treatment Services -Cambridge maintenance crew and assist other trades people in the performance of various maintenance activities (e.g., general carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, grounds keeping, snow removal) throughout the agency.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Maintaining and repairing heating and cooling systems, plumbing equipment, and systems so that adequate heat, cooling, ventilation and water is supplied to the facility
• Maintaining and operating equipment such as the backup electrical generator
• Maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment so that it is kept serviceable and in good working order
• Maintaining buildings and grounds so that they are fully operational at all times
Qualifications & Requirements Must meet the following qualifications listed below:
• Boilers 1st Class C Engineer Grade C License
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.