Accounting/Auditing, Administrative and Support Services, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Social Services, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Other, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Adult Protection Supervisor
The Adult Protection Supervisor will supervise and manage the direct administration of the Adult Protection Unit staff. They will perform evaluations, develop activities, and manage work responsibilities of assigned staff to assure effective and efficient workflow and outcomes consistent with division and unit goals. Case supervision is done in coordination with two regional adult protection consultants to ensure state and federal statutes and best practices are met. The Adult Protection Supervisor directs other staff and contractors who are responsible for operationalizing Adult Protection program objectives and achieving established performance goals. They will oversee the development of policy guidance, trainings, monitoring and support provided to county adult protection units as well as the operations of the MN Adult Abuse Reporting Center.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Manage and direct administration, policies, and processes related to federal and state statutes governing Adult Protection for Minnesotans to facilitate improved services and outcomes, and account for program quality.
• Develop, direct strategies, and provide leadership to proactively solicit advice of internal and external stakeholders in the development and ongoing performance of statewide centralized vulnerable adult maltreatment reporting, including web and call center functionality, through the MN Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC).
• Work directly with MN.IT to ensure 24/7 operations of the information technology infrastructure of the MAARC.
• Assist with development and coordination of legislative proposals and legislation analysis/review to ensure efforts are aligned with the department and division’s strategic vision, goals, and priorities.
Qualifications & Requirements Supervisory or other leadership experience OR completion of leadership development program (L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, etc.)
4 years of professional experience working in long-term services and supports and adult protection.
Must demonstrate experience with the following:
• Federal and state policies, best practices, regulations, and laws impacting adult protection.
• Government policy development and implementation.
• Training modes and methods including training delivery and learning technologies.
• Change management models and strategies.