Job Title: Regional Program Manager - Campus Team Management
The Andrew Goodman Foundation
Remote, NJ United States
Government and Policy, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Executive Management, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Regional Program Manager - Campus Team Management
The Andrew Goodman Foundation (AGF) is building a national non-partisan movement of students and college and university campuses dedicated to increasing student voter participation. If you are passionate about ensuring that young voices and votes matter in our democracy, then help us build our movement by applying to become a Regional Program Manager. Since 2014, the Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere program has supported student leaders and higher education institutions across the nation to increase student voting and foster a culture of civic engagement on campuses through the provision of financial and advisory support, leadership training, as well as other digital, educational, and marketing materials. The Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere program has grown exponentially and today boasts a network of some 65 campuses in 25 states and Washington, D.C. comprised of over 400 student Ambassadors, university professionals, and alumni.
The Regional Program Manager will manage a portfolio of campuses in the South, including the Deep South to remove voting impediments, register students, and develop informed student voters, and to get out the student vote. The Regional Program Manager works closely with AGF staff, student leadership, higher education staff and leadership, and other non-profit leaders to promote youth electoral and civic engagement. The Regional Program Managersí campus portfolio will include large public universities, Minority Serving Institutions (like Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Predominately Black Institutions, and Hispanic Serving Institutions), community colleges, and private liberal arts colleges all of which may have varied, unique, and rich cultures of civic engagement and community upliftment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (Vote Everywhere): ● Oversee, coach, manage, and support a portfolio of campus teams to enable student leaders and higher education institutions to increase student voting
● Research, support, and advise student Ambassadors to develop impactful mobilization and advocacy campaigns to activate student voters and to develop data-driven campus action plans
● Maintain and cultivate relationships with campus administrators, officials, as well as internal and external partners on campus to facilitate effective implementation of Vote Everywhere
● On-board, integrate, and manage new schools and Ambassadors to the program
● Identify resource and training materials needs on civic and political engagement; support development as needed
● Support Ambassadors to engage in local state-based/regional advocacy aimed at creating a more enabling environment for student voting
● Conduct outreach to local, state, and/or regional actors and identify potential campus and organizational partnerships in keeping with the AGFís vision, mission, and expansion goals
● Organize the National Civic Leadership Training Summit (NCLTS) with team; facilitate sessions and deliver training to student attendees
● Support campus partners to effectively utilize my.VE and texting platform
● Monitor and evaluate campus portfolio through semester and annual reporting
● Highlight student stories, publish blog posts, share VE in the media, and collect photographs
● Research and stay updated on civic engagement and political landscapes as well as national/state voting laws and procedures
● Other responsibilities as needed
Special Demands: ● Conduct site visits as needed
● Meet with funders and key stakeholders and attend fundraising events to promote Vote Everywhere
● Represent the AGF at relevant civic engagement, voting rights, and higher education conferences
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelorís Degree
● Minimum 1-3 years of organizing experience, either on campus or with a political/issue-based campaign
● Understanding of voter suppression in the South, socio-economic and political dynamics in the region, and voting rights players a plus
● Experience engaging diverse constituencies
● Experience with institutions of higher education, especially community colleges and/or MSIís
● Relational digital organizing preferred
● Excellent writing, communication, and people skills
● A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
● Enthusiastic, energetic, and track record of personal initiative and entrepreneurialism
● Organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize assignments
● Working knowledge of data collection and reporting; ability to clearly identify and present data to inform programming
● Working knowledge of data collection and report writing
● Experience with Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, and Mac OS preferred
Other Requirements: ● Pass a criminal background check and drug screening test
● Daily access to a smart phone
● Extremely reliable and available on evenings and weekends for occasional events and conferences
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit nominations, referrals, and CVs with cover letters via electronic mail to Programs@andrewgoodman.org.
Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process.
NON DISCRIMINATION AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. We encourage people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, as well as people with disabilities to apply!
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against current or prospective employees based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.