|40726 - Registered Nurse (Full Time)|
Company: Minnesota Department of Human Services
Location: Moose Lake, MN
Employment Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 06/26/2020
Expire Date: 08/26/2020
Job Categories: Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
40726 - Registered Nurse (Full Time)|
This is a full – time, rotating shift position with some weekend and holiday shifts. The hours of work are generally 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Days of work and hours may vary depending on facility needs.
The Registered Nurse provides direct professional nursing care to civilly committed sex offenders at the Moose Lake campus of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program. The Registered Nurse performs duties including medication administration, documenting client records, and observing and reporting client behavior. As part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting total client health, the Registered Nurse acts as a role-model while planning and implementing nursing care plans that assist clients in developing independent living and coping skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Performing duties such as medication and treatment administration, assessing client needs, and planning and implementing client-specific nursing care plans that assist the client in developing healthy independent living and coping skills
• Working as part of team providing clients with comprehensive treatment which includes completing health assessment reports, participating in review meetings, and providing pertinent information to members of the treatment team as required to support overall client health
• Following and enforcing all security, safety and legal requirements to ensure a safe and secure facility so clients receive quality professional services in a therapeutic environment
• Serving as a positive role model to clients to demonstrate effective professional and personal behavior
Must meet the following qualification listed below:
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota
• Bachelors of Nursing Degree
• Experience with persons within a mental health or behavioral health setting
Contact Name: Heidi Peura
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.