|Senior Marketing Manager – Mission Support|
Company: Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
Location: Remote, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/13/2020
Expire Date: 09/13/2020
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Senior Marketing Manager – Mission Support |
The Senior Marketing Manager is an experienced marketing professional with a proven track record of developing and implementing direct to patient programs and translating scientific information into meaningful messaging for a lay/ consumer audience. This position will support the Foundation’s Research team, with the primary responsibility of leading the development of a direct to consumer (DTC) strategy to drive acquisition and ongoing messaging, in close collaboration with the Associate Director, Digital Health & Engagement on our research team, to ensure strong engagement and retention of our patients enrolled in the direct to patients cohort.
The ideal candidate has experience in the healthcare sector, substantial writing and editing skills and can work successfully with internal staff and lead outside agency partners. Candidates must have experience in managing high level DTC marketing projects from initiation through execution.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Provide marketing support to the Foundation’s Research team, including our IBD Plexus platform strategy, which encompasses the Direct to Patient Cohort; and our Clinical Research Network and Quality of Care initiatives (CRN and Qorus), among others.
• Additional support as needed for other Mission programs, including Education/Support/Advocacy (ESA) marketing programs, and B2B work in support of our Research Conferences, as well as social media support and guidance for the research department and ESA social media accounts.
• Primary responsibility, with VP, for developing and executing a marketing plan, recommendations for launch and growth, and ongoing management of marketing for a new direct to patient program, which is designed to drive growth for the Foundation’s direct-to-patient IBD research cohort. Work directly with the research team to create the program’s value proposition and develop the messaging platform that clearly articulates patient benefits.
• Prepare creative briefing documents and manage agency partner (or internal creative team) to create campaign materials; also create, write, edit and publish communications as required. Primary channels to include email, video, social media, direct mail, collateral, PR and website.
• Develop and maintain timelines, budgets and analytics for all programs. Measure campaign performance and recommend actionable insights for fine tuning strategies and tactics.
• Partner with internal stakeholders such as research, ESA, creative design services, digital IT support to build appropriate marketing strategies and produce effective communications. Identify process to improve efficiencies and drive collaboration.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities; ability to successfully multi-task and balance multiple demands
• Excellent account management and relationship building skills
• Deep understanding of digital, social and traditional media
• Healthcare/ scientific background required, with ability to understand and translate scientific information for the consumer target
• Experience in building membership/subscription DTC businesses
• Strong attention to detail
• Open to new ideas. Creative and resourceful.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading and video production abilities
• New York metro location preferred but remote location may be considered
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, science or healthcare policy. Some science knowledge strongly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years work experience in the healthcare industry—client or agency side.
• Demonstrated success in program management specifically DTC patient marketing programs
• Experience with KPI’s and analytics
• Knowledge and hands-on experience across channels (web, social, offline, earned & paid media).
• Experienced in project management & collaborating with internal/external stakeholders.
• Strong people/interpersonal skills
• Microsoft Office—including PowerPoint skills & Excel.
• Basic understanding of video production is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is required to see, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• The employee frequently is required to, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Company Name: Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
We bring together the largest community of IBD patients in the country, and we engage them in the fight against Crohn’s & colitis. Patients are involved in setting our research priorities, contributing data and biosamples to accelerate research, helping design our educational efforts alongside our scientific advisors, and advocating for key public policy issues to legislators.