|Director of Marketing|
Company: Society of Actuaries
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/14/2020
Expire Date: 09/14/2020
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Director of Marketing|
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, the Director, Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of the integrated marketing programs across all channels with a strong focus on digital. This includes marketing the SOA’s educational credentials and professional development offerings in North America and select international markets. It will involve working closely with the Senior Director who leads the function, the Director, Member & Candidate Communications, and the Manager, Creative to develop, integrate and measure initiatives in support of the Society’s strategic objectives and operational goals. This role also serves as staff support on committees and task forces as necessary.
• In conjunction with Sr. Director; Director, Communications; and Manager, Creative, contribute to the development of annual marketing & communications plan, calendar and departmental goals, updating as needed to respond to changing landscape and organizational and marketing performance.
• Manage the SOA’s brand strategy and portfolio to broaden awareness and value of the profession and the SOA’s credentials among key audiences.
• Market existing educational offerings to students and entry-level actuaries and provide marketing direction on how best to build, brand and position portfolio of new products – credentials, certificates, badges, etc.
• Research and recommend new marketing initiatives to attract students to the major, the profession and SOA credentials for continued membership growth in North America and internationally.
• Develop and executive marketing plans to achieve target attendance/participation of professional development offerings including in-person and virtual meetings, webcasts, seminars, etc. Monitor and optimize reach, engagement and conversion using leading edge testing and analytical methods.
• Working closely with ITS, set digital channel strategy based on member and candidate communication trends and preferences optimizing channel mix and delivery of email, social media, SEO, paid search/display/social, website and app user experience and management.
• Responsible for social media strategy and execution including acquisition, engagement and analytics. In partnership with Director, Communications, develop social media content calendar and share responsibilities based on content category.
• Determine marketing/digital agency resources needed and manage selection process and relationship. Provide marketing input to the work of the external communications firm engaged in the SOA’s public relations activities, as appropriate.
• Provide direction to and collaborate with creative services team to develop impactful creative concepts and campaign elements across all channels.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive marketing scorecard with key performance indictors and metrics of brand health and marketing campaigns.
• Hire, manage and develop marketing staff. Direct reports will consist of managers and marketing specialists.
• Develop and manage the marketing budget including planning and reforecasting process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered)
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline. A master’s degree in marketing or business administration preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years marketing experience and at least 5 years of digital marketing experience
• Prefer a diverse background of association/non-association, non-profit/for-profit, etc. experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years supervising the work of professional staff and agencies.
• Global marketing experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Strong marketing generalist skill set including branding, research, product development, customer segmentation, pricing, promotions, etc.
• Highly skilled in digital marketing and proficient in marketing automation, attribution modeling and A/B testing.
• Hands-on knowledge and utilization of content management systems, Google Analytics, and social media management tools.
• Solid understanding and application of traditional paid and owned media channels – events, advertising, collateral, promotions, etc.
• Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into measurable action and execution.
• Results-oriented with strong initiative.
• Knowledge of or ability to quickly adapt to a fast-paced non-profit or association management orientation.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Must have outstanding communications and interpersonal skills to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and volunteers.
• Possess excellent project management skills.
• Ability to manage resources in a matrix/cross-functional organization and the capacity for creating, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities.
• Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
• Must demonstrate ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES AND COORDINATION required to perform the functions of this job.
• This position supervises the marketing team and its functions. This includes direct supervision of three (3) Marketing Specialists.
• This position also requires daily interaction with SOA vendors.
• The position also requires project coordination and collaboration with SOA departments and external actuarial organizations.
The Society of Actuaries is a growing professional membership and credentialing association. We have over 30,000 members in the actuarial profession throughout the world who work in the areas of consulting, insurance, finance, healthcare and business, as well as over 35,000 candidates. Our staff of 160 strives to provide the highest level of service to our members in everything we do from education, to credentialing exams... to research and communication. We are located in Schaumburg, across from The Streets of Woodfield, conveniently adjacent to I-90, 355 and 290. Our office is accessible on public transportation from Chicago, via the blue line and Pace Bus. Our benefits include BCBS Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, a generous retirement contribution, work-out facility on-site, health club reimbursement, opportunities for professional development including tuition reimbursement and internal and external training opportunities. It is the policy of the SOA to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, pregnancy status, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, order of protection status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. For more information on the organization, see our website at www.soa.org.