Company: Azusa Pacific University
Location: Azusa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/30/2020
Expire Date: 08/30/2020
Job Categories: Education
The Data Analyst is responsible for producing and reporting School of Education data as it relates to budgets, faculty, enrollment and other academic areas. The tasks include collection, analysis, identification of trends, and distribution of accurate and timely reports required by the Dean and Associate/Assistant Deans. This position provides confidential support to the Dean and Associate/Assistant Deans in areas of financial and other data analysis, as well as key reporting. It also serves as the back-up position to the Administrative Manager, providing support for key events, as well as substituting in the absence of the Administrative Manager (breaks, absences, and meetings).
* BA/BS degree required.
* Three to five years of data analysis or financial analysis experience required; prior administrative support experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Budget Support Activities.
* Oversee budget tracking, expense reimbursements, and other financial projects.
* Review monthly University credit card reconciliations of Deanís staff and chairs within the School of Education.
* Track monthly and annual budgets within Adaptive Insight, providing the Administrative Manager and Dean with a monthly budget summary analysis of spending patterns.
* Monitor restricted accounts and keep Administrative Manager and Dean apprised of status and trends.
* Create and monitor submissions of Faculty, Adjunct, University Mentor/Coach contract and personnel file processes including overloads and adjunct, extra service, and honoraria payments.
* Data Reporting and Trend Analysis Activities.
* Develop reports and analyses around faculty and personnel related issues (e.g., IDEA and course evaluations, faculty scholarship, faculty travel, faculty K-12 involvement, workload).
* Originate reports and analyses related to academic affairs to inform decision making (e.g., tracking of academic petitions).
* Oversee enrollment projection activities, including tracking of enrollments and revenues by program, department, and location.
* Develop reports and analyses around scholarship and financial aid awards for School of Education students.
* Construct information on alumni, school districts, and other partners from multiple databases to inform outreach and engagement activities.
* Administrative Duties in Support of the Deanís Office.
* Monitor and direct incoming communication, including phone calls and School of Education general email.
* Oversee the Tuition Discount MOU process on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement.
* Oversee education-related job posting activities on behalf of the Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement.
* Serve as key point of ordering for supplies for the School of Education, including monitoring purchase orders, related budget allocations, and tracking supply spending on a monthly and annual basis.
* Serve as School of Education timekeeper for Kronos system.
* Maintain updated organizational chart and contact information for the School of Education.
* General phone and reception duties to support the work of the Deanís Office.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties related to job description as requested by the supervisor.
* Skilled in data analysis, preparation of data-driven reports, written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational tasks, and interpersonal interaction.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
* Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
* Knowledge of issues and efforts in higher education (including Christian higher education).
* Well organized and detail oriented.
* Need an ability to prepare and present reports and updates.
* Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
* Self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
* Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
* Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
* Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.