|Senior Manager, Category Management|
Company: Boots Retail USA, Inc. - a Walgreens Boots Alliance brand
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/12/2020
Expire Date: 10/12/2020
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Senior Manager, Category Management|
WHO WE ARE:
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. The company was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination in the USA and Europe and, together with its equity method investments*, employs more than 370,000* people and has a presence in more than 25* countries. Walgreens Boots Alliance is a global leader in pharmacy- led, health and wellbeing retail with over 13,100* stores in 11* countries. The company includes one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks with over 350* distribution centers delivering to more than 200,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in 19* countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global portfolio of health and beauty product brands.
In December 2014, when Walgreens and Alliance Boots merged to create Walgreens Boots Alliance, the company created a cross-divisional organization called Global Brands, with the mission to give the world health and beauty brands they truly love.
Global Brands is a team based across three continents, who work together to manufacture, market and sell leading health and beauty brands to consumers around the world. Our market-leading brands such as No7, Soap & Glory, Botanics and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions of consumers all over the world and are growing in usage and popularity every day.
With a focus on the North American market, Global Brands Americas (legal entity: Boots Retail USA, Inc.) is a dedicated group of people with a passion for beauty. Based in downtown New York City, we share a sense of care and pride in what we do and how we work together to get it done, both locally and globally. Together we are working towards our vision to be the leading authority for high quality, accessible beauty brands throughout North America.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer the opportunity to work in a high energy, dynamic consumer driven business, with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognize the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme.
Global Brands is uniquely placed within Walgreens Boots Alliance to give our retail businesses a sustainable competitive advantage, by combining great brands and innovative products, with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight, to help strengthen and maximize relationships with customers, partners and suppliers around the world.
Trust:Respect, integrity and candor guide our actions to do the right thing.
Care: Our people and customers inspire us to act with commitment and passion.
Innovation: We cultivate an open and entrepreneurial mind-set in all that we do.
Partnership: We work collaboratively with each other and our partners to win together.
Dedication: We work with rigor, simplicity and agility to deliver exceptional results.
COMMITMENT TO LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE:
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across WBA in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Behavior framework that is an important element of how we do business at WBA.
Performance: Drives for results, sets high personal standards and demands the same of others.
People: Engages our people in our vision. Motivates and inspires and has a talent and growth mindset
Customers: Champions our customers.
Change: Demonstrates the courage and willingness to anticipate and drive positive change.
Innovation: Has the restless desire to innovate and always go further.
The Global Enterprise: Creates a shared meaning, vision and purpose to make the world a better place.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the local Sr Director Sales Strategy, you’re crucial in growing our retailer’s categories as well as driving Global Brands by identifying strategic opportunities in our local market and tailoring our brand plans and sales fundamentals to best deliver for our retailers and shoppers. Working with commercial account teams, local marketing, market, strategy & planning and our global insight partners you will be responsible for directly linking insights into action to maximise category growth for our retail partners whilst driving commercial success for Global Brands. You will also be responsible for the management of 3 category managers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the development and optimization of our space and assortment delivery, through retailer line reviews
• Utilizing category expertise, category analysis, shopper insights and other tools and insights, creates best in class category strategies for Skin and Cosmetics, that deepen GBA customer thought leadership and partnership, accelerating growth.
• Develops Perfect Store strategy for product assortment and placement across U.S. & Canadian retail channels
• Lead the development of the local Global Brands category plan within our IAP process, ensuring brand activities support the delivery of the customer Category Strategy.
• Lead, in conjunction with commercial account teams, the development of the retailer sell-in pack, leveraging the local Category Strategy. Present to North American retailers both separately and in conjunction with the respective Commercial Account teams.
• Builds and maintains both internal and external customer relationships, individually and through the team
• Support the development of the local content for top to top strategic customer engagement
• In conjunction with the account teams maximize our sales fundamentals contribution to the annual & 3YP plan.
• Support the Global Category Director to embed category management processes locally
• Support, develop and coach a team of 3 Retailer focused Category Managers, to maximize individual and team performance, ensuring strong linkages with total Category Management function
• Build out the North American Category Management capabilities, skills and impact, being a true voice of the Category within GBA, sharing key insights and updates with the business on-going
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ yrs. experience working in a category management function in the CPG industry
• Authority on local market insight and local category strategy development
• Strong analytical skills, commercial acumen and agility
• Storytelling - synthesising commercial & market insight and driving action/ implementation. Able to work with multiple continuous data sources
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
• Confident, enthusiastic & persuasive in their manner
• Highly skilled in relationship management across network of stakeholders (internal & external)
• Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Model exemplar leadership behaviours and shares proven best practice ways of working across teams
• Able to work effectively in a team, but also self-sufficient and resilient when working without supervision
• Creates a culture of innovation, pushing boundaries and the confidence to explore new ways of working
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Boots Retail USA, Inc. is a member of Walgreens Boots Alliance, the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination in the USA and Europe and, together with its equity method investments, employs more than 370,000 people and has a presence in more than 25 countries. Walgreens Boots Alliance is a global leader in pharmacy- led, health and wellbeing retail with over 13,100 stores in 11 countries. The company includes one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks with over 350 distribution centers delivering to more than 200,000 pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in 19 countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.