|Finance & Administration Director|
Company: John Snow, Inc.
Location: Arlington, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/13/2020
Expire Date: 12/21/2020
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
Finance & Administration Director|
JSI is recruiting to fill multiple positions for anticipated global healthcare supply chain proposal(s). The anticipated project(s) will work to procure and deliver priority health products for a number of priority program areas (HIV/AIDS, diagnostics, malaria, family planning, and maternal and child health), improve the capacity of global health supply chains and enhance the ability of in-country supply chains to support end-user health commodity availability. The project(s) is/are expected to support countries to build resilient and sustainable supply chains which deliver high quality, life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to support the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all its citizens. If awarded, the project(s) are anticipated to start mid-2021. Positions are expected to be based in the Washington DC area.
The Finance & Administration Director(s) will serve as the main point of contact for financial, contractual, and administrative oversight across the project.
- Ensure program compliance with project award terms and conditions and client regulations.
- Establish efficient systems for carrying out project financial and administrative functions throughout the life of the project ensuring appropriate and effective use of resources.
- Conduct risk analysis/assessments and develop measures to better mitigate and manage risk.
- Through oversight of work completed by more junior operations staff, oversee the administration actions for partner organizations including: develop subcontracts for partners, and issue subcontract modifications; issuing approvals and amendments; reviewing and monitoring budgets; approval of invoices; and maintaining positive working relationships with all partners. Ensure adequate risk analysis is conducted on current and potential partners.
- Serve as a general resource to project staff on compliance and management.
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of RFPs for new procurements under the award; oversee and manage purchase orders, subcontracts, and agreements.
- Review and oversee operations and procedures; develop approaches to contain costs, improve cost effectiveness, and streamline financial management, provide capacity building support to other program staff to enhance their knowledge of client rules and regulations.
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly internal financial reports, quarterly donor financial reports and invoices, and other financial reports required by the agreement, and oversee the response to periodic USAID requests for pipeline analysis and projected expenses.
- Oversee F&A support to field offices in collaboration with the Project Director. Develop systems for strong finance, contract, and administrative system monitoring and processing in the field offices.
Supervisory responsibilities for which may include Program/Finance Officers.
- Oversee headquarters and field office financial and administrative start-up and close-out activities ensuring compliance with all reporting, administrative and contractual requirements.
- At least 10 years’ experience (6 years USAID funded projects) as Finance & Administration Director for international development projects that implement at a global scale.
- Strong understanding of USG funded project implementation and assistance and acquisition rules and regulations.
- Experience working closely with donors, especially USG, and developing financial monitoring and reporting systems to meet donor needs.
- Proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software including QuickBooks.
- Experience minimizing financial and administrative risk and ensuring accountability in complex, high-risk implementation settings.
- Ability to work in a complex operating environment with demanding deadlines, rapidly shifting priorities, and high expectations for performance.
- Excellent organizational skills, sound judgement, and an ability to creatively problem-solve.
- Proven leadership, team-building, and mentorship skills, with an ability to organize, motivate, and energize teams; previous experience formally supervising other staff is required.
- Ability to interact well with other colleagues from different backgrounds; a strong sense of discretion, particularly on confidential/sensitive organizational and human resource matters.
- Professional accounting qualification and MBA (financial management specialization) desired.
JSI is a team of public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and outcomes for all. Our fundamental goal is to ensure that all individuals can live their best and healthiest life, regardless of age or circumstances. In pursuit of our goal, we provide innovative management consulting and technical assistance incorporating a broad range of skills and more than 40 years in the field. We collaborate with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to identify and implement solutions to public health challenges. These partnerships improve the quality, accessibility, and equity of health systems and lead to better health outcomes. We work within communities and rely on local staff to ground our approach in a deep understanding of those who will benefit. While we promote using best practices and sharing solutions, we tailor strategies to each situation and seek creative options to meet clients’ needs. If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.