Company: John Snow, Inc.
Location: Arlington, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/13/2020
Expire Date: 12/21/2020
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
JSI is recruiting to fill multiple positions for anticipated global healthcare supply chain proposal(s). The anticipated project(s) will work to procure and deliver priority health products for a number of priority program areas (HIV/AIDS, diagnostics, malaria, family planning, and maternal and child health), improve the capacity of global health supply chains and enhance the ability of in-country supply chains to support end-user health commodity availability. The project(s) is/are expected to support countries to build resilient and sustainable supply chains which deliver high quality, life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to support the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all its citizens. If awarded, the project(s) are anticipated to start mid-2021. Positions are expected to be based in the Washington DC area.
The Logistics Director(s) serve as the main point of contact for logistics (warehousing, freight, shipping etc.) issues related to each health program procurement area (HIV/AIDS, diagnostics, malaria, family planning and maternal & child health).
- Organize, lead and manage the health program Logistics Department,
- In collaboration with other health programs, establish logistics systems and procedures and ensure their implementation,
- Inform, coordinate, execute as necessary, and logistics operations; oversee the preparation of weekly status reports and their provision to all stakeholders,
- Provide logistics advice and guidance and monitoring support to procurements undertaken by field offices,
- Ensure long-term forecasts of commodity requirements and detailed supply plans needed to meet requirements are incorporated into plans
- Ensure full compliance with all USG rules and regulations, as well as established regulations and Standard Operating Procedures, in the provision of logistics services,
- Ensure compliance with technical guidelines during logistics processes including those for GS-1
- Ensure shipped products are received and cleared efficiently and chains of custody established and implemented.
- At least seven years of experience managing global logistics for organizations providing global procurement and/or freight forwarding services,
- Specific experience in logistics including shipping freight and warehousing for any or all of HIV, malaria, family planning, and maternal and child health programs
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for medicine logistics required,
- Experience interacting with senior U.S. and foreign government officials,
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams,
- Experience with ERP or logistics/supply chain management software,
- Strong negotiation skills at a senior level with international freight, warehousing and clearing companies,
- Experience working in or supporting public health or supply chain programs in LMICs is desired,
- Some international travel required,
- A graduate degree in supply chain, contracting, finance, business or management is preferred or a bachelor’s degree in the same field and an additional five years of work experience beyond the seven required above may be substituted for a graduate degree,
- Professional supply chain accreditation or certification an advantage.
JSI is a team of public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and outcomes for all. Our fundamental goal is to ensure that all individuals can live their best and healthiest life, regardless of age or circumstances. In pursuit of our goal, we provide innovative management consulting and technical assistance incorporating a broad range of skills and more than 40 years in the field. We collaborate with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to identify and implement solutions to public health challenges. These partnerships improve the quality, accessibility, and equity of health systems and lead to better health outcomes. We work within communities and rely on local staff to ground our approach in a deep understanding of those who will benefit. While we promote using best practices and sharing solutions, we tailor strategies to each situation and seek creative options to meet clients’ needs. If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.