|Process Improvement & Project Management Intern|
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Location: Houston, TX
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 09/23/2020
Expire Date: 11/23/2020
Job Categories: Computers, Software
Process Improvement & Project Management Intern|
This role will provide an opportunity to contribute towards key strategic initiatives and transparency of activity plans for Global IT. Role will be more focused on analyzing projects, understanding content and driving prioritization working with business teams and communicating progress made. SME’s will provide guidance to help resolve complex problems.
How You'll Make Your Mark:
• Maintain project plans to help measure performance and report effectively on all initiatives.
• Apply best practices to utilize the proper configuration and workflows to simplify the maintenance and status updates that also promotes effective transparency for each team and make them agile and focus on the work.
• Actively participates in selected PMO initiatives to ensure that business, function, and geography "customers" receive sufficient and timely communications.
• Develop process roadmaps, document user stories and feedback, and define and update requirements
• Coordinate key milestones and hold status check meetings with IT and business stakeholders.
How You Will Grow:
• Improved leadership, hands-on portfolio/project management, and communication skills
• Proficiency with MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and Project Management tools
• Gain broad understanding of how a Portfolio Management Office functions both in general and in an IT organization
• Learn how to navigate multiple stakeholders groups and situational leadership techniques to build effective relationships
• Drive process and data quality improvement initiatives to drive strategic changes and continuous improvements in IT
• Good knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project Management tools
• Good project management skills and business acumen, with strong analytical skills and ability to work with data
• Good presentation skills with the ability to create high quality visuals
• Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to manage to timelines effectively
• Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to clearly articulate requirements
What We Can Offer You:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce. We have a passion for what we do Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is advancing the way people live and work. Innovation is core to our DNA, and we’re innovating to help enterprises redefine experiences and drive smarter, hyper-efficient operations. Examples include: accelerating a cure for Alzheimer’s, sending supercomputers into space, and redefining sports fan experience. Our goal is to hire the best and brightest talent, to nurture their unique skills and ideas so they can win and grow with HPE.