|Global Real Estate - Professional Rotational Experience Program (Graduate)|
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Location: Houston, TX
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 09/23/2020
Expire Date: 11/23/2020
Job Categories: Computers, Software
Global Real Estate - Professional Rotational Experience Program (Graduate) |
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world, from accelerating a cure for Alzheimer’s, to sending supercomputers into space, to redefining the sports fan experience. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Professional Rotation Experience Program (PREP)
We have a passion for what we do
The PREP program is offered through the Office of Legal and Administrative Affairs (OLAA) function of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). OLAA is a collection of global functions that help execute HPE’s vision and business strategy by providing support services and solutions that maximize collaboration, productivity and performance. OLAA is comprised of the following global functions: Global Real Estate, Global IT, Global Procurement, Legal, Ethics and Compliance, Global Security, Corporate Affairs, Aviation & Brand Security, Data Office and Transformation Office. Internal OLAA functions (those that service OLAA) include Solutions & Operations, Employee Experience and Talent & Excellence.
Global Real Estate (GRE) provides world class real estate outcomes with a laser focus on elevating the employee experience and delivering improved productivity across HPE. Our responsibilities span from developing and implementing HPE corporate real estate strategies, to managing the design and construction of sustainable modern workplaces, to delivering intelligent user-centric services, in each case across and beyond HPE’s 200+ sites, impacting 16 million square feet and 65 thousand employees, globally. We strive to advance the way HPE employees live and work, inspire innovation and build community.
Our goal is to hire the best and brightest talent and nurture their unique skills and ideas so they can win and grow with HPE.
Creating unlimited opportunities
The Professional Rotation Experience Program (PREP) is a two-year program hosted in the Global Real Estate organization, providing the opportunity for development of best-in-class leadership skills, business and financial acumen, and future career advancement. The objective of the program is to attract, develop and retain exceptional talent by providing diverse experiences, a platform to build a strong network, and the opportunity to gain significant exposure to leaders and executives. We achieve this by structuring the program into four six-month rotations, three of which will be within the Global Real Estate organization and one with another OLAA organization, to help expand your skills, contacts and perspective.
PREP job description
Our program is designed to mentor and develop talented individuals with strong leadership potential and strategic thinking capability. We are looking for energetic, highly motivated individuals who will have completed a Bachelor’s level (or equivalent) degree and will enhance our organization with diverse perspectives, innovative ideas and a commitment to constant innovation. Well-rounded business acumen, an ability to work cross-functionally and an enthusiasm for excellence are key attributes for working in GRE.
The program provides:
• Exposure globally working across all HPE businesses and functional organizations (Procurement, HR, Finance, Communications, etc.) as a trusted advisor/consultant
• Core business skills (leadership, data intelligence and analysis, project management, process optimization, problem-solving, communication and stakeholder management)
• An opportunity to develop a network across peers, leaders, and executives
• Continuous development through a wide variety of training (influencing, personal branding, financial analysis, effective communication, presentation skills, etc.)
• Guidance of a mentor
• A high potential, high performance culture
Ideal candidate profile
• Excellent capabilities in leadership, influencing, communication, and collaboration
• Strong project management, business acumen, and critical analysis skills
• Self-starter with ability to achieve results in a virtual and complex work environment
• Ability to develop and promote positive change through innovation and creativity
• Proactive contributor who wants to make an impact
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Science or relevant field
• Typically 0-2 years of experience
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Practical teamwork experience
• Proficiency in basic computer programs (Office suites, presentation software, spreadsheets and communication and collaboration tools)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Courses and/or experience in each of the following:
o Project management
o Data management/insights
o Business management
• Commitment to community/ civic engagement/ volunteering
Desired skills & qualifications
• Courses and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Basic finance/ accounting
o Business strategy
o Information Technology and/or Information Management Systems
o Engineering (civil, mechanical or industrial)
o Change management and communications
o Presentation/persuasion skills
o Technical skills (coding, app development, or testing)
What do we offer?
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element!
Want to know more about it? Then let’s stay connected!
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce. We have a passion for what we do Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is advancing the way people live and work. Innovation is core to our DNA, and we’re innovating to help enterprises redefine experiences and drive smarter, hyper-efficient operations. Examples include: accelerating a cure for Alzheimer’s, sending supercomputers into space, and redefining sports fan experience. Our goal is to hire the best and brightest talent, to nurture their unique skills and ideas so they can win and grow with HPE.