|Software Engineering Intern|
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Location: Andover, MA
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 09/23/2020
Expire Date: 11/23/2020
Job Categories: Computers, Software
Software Engineering Intern|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Joining HPE in an early career role is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, proactive individual to grow with us and help us drive our continued success globally. We are one of the largest technology companies in the world, operating in over 150 countries and market leading in several industries. We believe in partnership, innovation and taking action – our culture is what defines us as a company: how we act, how we treat others, and how we conduct business. In addition to working alongside great colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We even have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Systems/ Software Engineering Intern to join us! Our engineers develop solutions using the latest technologies to ‘Make IT Simple’ for our customers. HPE is more than a hardware company, we are a global software development organization with a full suite of products ranging from an enterprise website getting millions of page views a week to a predictive analytics solution which can warn a customer of an issue before it happens. We're looking for hands-on, technically curious individuals that want to grow their abilities as software engineers in a large-scale, global development team with great opportunities to learn and develop. Peaked your interest? Apply today for this role!
How you’ll make your mark:
• You will work on a specific project critical to HPEs needs with opportunities to gain experience across a broad range of cutting edge technologies and across the full stack of software engineering challenges.
• You can work within an existing Agile, software engineering project team and collaborate to help to solve problems within that team's focus
• You'll learn about our software development practices and the latest tools used for software development and front-end technology - including Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
• You can communicate effectively and be motivated to achieve results as part of your team.
• You will be mentored by at least one senior member of the Engineering Team and will be working with a mix of IT professionals with a range of experience
• You have a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (or similar) or equivalent experience
• You have knowledge of Programming Languages –Java, Java Script, Python, Infrastructure/Operating Systems/Virtualization such as Windows, Linux, Docker, Swarm, Ansible and also development tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium
• You have a basic understanding of Scrum and Kanban methodologies·
• You are customer focused with excellent problem-solving skills
• You are a strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to work well in teams
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce. We have a passion for what we do Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is advancing the way people live and work. Innovation is core to our DNA, and we’re innovating to help enterprises redefine experiences and drive smarter, hyper-efficient operations. Examples include: accelerating a cure for Alzheimer’s, sending supercomputers into space, and redefining sports fan experience. Our goal is to hire the best and brightest talent, to nurture their unique skills and ideas so they can win and grow with HPE.