|Subscription Services Assistant|
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Location: Itasca, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/01/2020
Expire Date: 12/01/2020
Job Categories: Administrative and Support Services, Customer Service and Call Center, Publishing, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Subscription Services Assistant|
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare, is seeking a deadline driven, detail-oriented fulfillment professional to provide subscription and circulation support for print and digital journals and subscription products.
Some tasks include:
1. Authorize the return of physical subscription product. Qualify and authorize subscription cancellations and determine allowable refund amounts. Investigate and authorize payment transfer requests.
2. Process monthly journal fulfillment files for designated products. Determine press run and communicate print orders and distribution and special delivery instructions to print vendor. Conduct delivery follow-up with vendors and subscribers as required.
3. Run subscription data validity reports and perform data clean-up tasks as needed to ensure accurate subscription fulfillment and reports. Conduct UAT on subscription database processes as assigned.
4. Maintain and track in-house inventory of current and back issues of journals and periodicals used for staff distribution and urgent subscriber claims.
5. Manage the complimentary subscription program, working on internal and external requests and obtaining authorizations. Conduct annual program review to ensure only necessary complimentary subscriptions are continued. Recommend process changes to improve efficiency.
6. Implement the journals program for residents. Run processes to create sponsored subscriptions in database and collaborate with Membership staff to determine schedule for processing.
7. Implement the journals member benefit program for fellows-in-training. Report on program and fellow participation. Recommend process improvements.
8. Prepare BPA circulation audit statements.
9. Process and track sales of miscellaneous products and develop and distribute reports on this sales activity.
10. Collaborate with Finance and Member and Customer Care staff to resolve subscriber account problems.
11. Provide direction to Member and Customer Care staff on subscription processes, product delivery, and complex customer queries and requests.
12. Compile circulation reports as directed.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required. Some college level course work in business, accounting, and/or computer science preferred.
2. One to two years’ general related administrative and/or customer experience required, including data entry/maintenance, preferably in an association or publishing environment. Experience with basic accounting functions and running reports preferred. a web-based association management system preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required. Must be able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, pay close attention to detail, take initiative, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents, and work both independently and as part of a team. Strong technical acumen essential with proficiency in MS Office, familiarity with databases, and the ability to learn and apply new technologies. Experience with web-based association management software (eg netForum), financial software (eg, Acumatica), and virtual meeting platforms (eg, WebEx) preferred. Occasional overtime and evening/weekend work may be required.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Company Name: American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.