|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Quality Technician (3rd shift)|
Company: The Boston Beer Company
Location: Milton, DE
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/22/2020
Expire Date: 03/12/2021
Job Categories: Computers, Software, Employment Placement Agencies, Healthcare, Other, Human Resources, Information Technology, Quality Control
Quality Technician (3rd shift)|
Quality Technician (3rd Shift) – Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for a Quality Technician (3rd shift) in Milton, DE at our amazing brewery.
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery is seeking an Off-Centered 3rd Shift QA Technician to join our awesome quality team. Armed with your dynamic personality and keen technical know-how, you’ll employ scientific methods that advance and maintain consistent and great tasting beer! You’ll be on the forefront of innovative beer styles, process technology and instruments that effectively support our brewers and packaging departments, working throughout the brewery and in our wonderful lab. Do you have what it takes to land this cool new quality gig? If so, we are on the edge of our seats waiting to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
• The scope of your work will be both routine and original while spending
about 80% in our packaging dept. and 20% of the time in our pristine lab.
• You must have a superb understanding of chemical, biochemical and
microbiologic reactions that affect beer quality, fermentation, flavor, and
beer stability; this and more will make our hearts flutter! You must be a
collaborative team player with your fellow co-workers to effectively
exchange information upward, downward and laterally.
• You’ll be handling other great projects to initiate and improve procedures
for our quality practices while doing lots of other fun stuff too!
• You’ll get all this done while working in a safe and efficient manner.
What We’re Looking For:
• A technical degree demonstrating an understanding of scientific process is a must. A four-year degree in chemistry, food science, biochemistry, fermentation science or similar is given top priority.
• You must have previous work experience that supports a strong work ethic and ability to problem solve within a lab environment.
• You must be a strong, proactive communicator who builds rapport and trust with all brewery teams whether written, spoken or interpersonally.
Microsoft Office; including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, software
for SPC, chemistry, and data capture for various quality and production instruments.
• The right person will have the ability to cross train for support in all areas
of quality: microbiology, analytical, packaging and sensory.
• You’ll also take ownership of the processes on your scheduled shift
(currently 8 hours), which will rotate to include nights and weekends.
*3rd shift runs from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Interested dynamic individuals, please send a cover letter with resume for consideration. Resumes without cover letters will be hard pressed for consideration, truly. Please help keep busy recruiters sane, no phone calls pretty-please. We can’t wait to hear from you craft beer lovers!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.