Company: Dewey Square Group
Location: Sacramento, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/22/2020
Expire Date: 12/22/2020
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Dewey Square Group seeks a Senior Associate with strong writing and project management skills and 3-5 years of relevant experience for its Sacramento office. Under the direction of a DSG Principal, the Senior Associate will provide client-facing support on a variety of public affairs projects for our California Practice team.
• Experience working with or in the California Legislature.
• Prior experience building and/or managing coalitions of organizations to impact policy outcomes.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, including drafting public and political outreach materials and policymaker briefing materials.
• Project management experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Experience interfacing with clients, elected officials, or equivalent principals.
• Ability to develop and present effective communications strategies to advance client goals.
• Ability to effectively oversee junior staff members and direct them to achieve strong results.
• Desire to work with a smart, committed, collaborative and fun team to make a positive impact for our clients.
• Digital/design experience a plus.
• Prior experience interacting with the media or handling communications outreach a plus.
• Work with DSG Principals and other senior staff to develop and execute public affairs strategies on a range of efforts, including legislative and regulatory advocacy, corporate and political campaign management, coalition development, and reputation management.
• Create policy-focused content such as letters, one-pagers, research memos, testimony, op-eds, and social media posts.
• Assist in the drafting of communications plans, campaign strategy memos, and other written outreach materials that further client goals.
• Monitor policy and regulatory activity; attend events and hearings and create summary reports.
• Oversee project management on multiple accounts, including managing client timelines/budget and directing junior staff.
• Create high-quality collateral materials, including infographics, fact sheets, brochures, presentations, web sites, blogs, etc.
• Work with DSG Principals to build coalitions supporting policy proposals; conduct stakeholder outreach to develop allies on a range of issues.
• Serve as a primary point-of-contact for clients while working on a range of public affairs goals.
• Work with DSG Principals and other senior staff to generate new business for the firm, including networking to enhance DSG profile/visibility and assist in drafting winning proposals.
No phone calls please. To learn more about DSG, visit www.deweysquaregroup.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dewey Square Group does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
3 - 5 years of public affairs experience
Project management experience
Media and communications experience
Company Name: Dewey Square Group
Contact Email: email@example.com
Dewey Square Group (DSG) is a national public affairs firm offering a full array of services to help our clients address public policy opportunities and challenges. With a deep and talented team, we tailor solutions to meet the needs of a diverse client base. DSG understands the intersection between advocacy, policy, politics, and the media, and we draw from our experience to execute winning strategies for our clients. DSG has offices in Sacramento, Washington, D.C., Boston, and other cities throughout the country.