Company: Sarah's Circle
Location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/25/2020
Expire Date: 12/25/2020
Job Categories: Development and Fund Raising
The Development Director is responsible for directing all Development Department functions to contribute to the financial stability and visibility of Sarah’s Circle. This includes foundation grants, individual donor stewardship, events, marketing, communications, community-initiated events, and volunteer management. The Development Director, with the Executive Director and Development Committee establish and execute the annual and long-term strategies for resource development. The Director ensures a donor centric approach with all development functions. As a key spokesperson for Sarah’s Circle, the Development Director professionally articulates the mission of Sarah’s Circles, and the needs of the organization.
Oversight of Agency Resources Development Functions
• Manage Development Team to develop and implement the annual and longer term development plans.
• Staff the Board Development Committee and work closely with the Board members, and Executive Director to achieve fundraising goals.
• Oversee the foundation grant making process, including writing, relationship management, and prospect research.
• Oversee the stewardship of the Associate and Impact Boards as an effort to cultivate additional support for Sarah’s Circle.
• Oversee all agency events for reaching financial goals, ensure consistent messaging, and excellent event execution.
• Oversee maintenance of agency website for accuracy and consistent branding.
• Oversee the creation and production of all marketing and communication materials.
• Oversee the management of the donor data base to ensure accuracy, and optimal functionality.
• Ensure consistent messaging and brand management throughout all communication channels.
Individual Giving and Major Donors Stewardship
• Create annual stewardship plan for all tiers.
• Prepare analyses for all appeals, events, and other initiatives.
• Manage a portfolio of donors in Tiers 3 and Tiers 4.
• Support Executive Director with ED’s portfolio of major donors.
• Conduct quarterly audits to ensure consistency with agency accounting system.
• Lead the prospect research and moves management process to ensure a continual increase in agency donors.
• Establish and maintain strong relations ships with board, donors, prospects, philanthropic community and all other applicable constituencies.
• Develops and supervises assigned staff, including recruitment and selection, job performance, counseling and coaching, development and training, performance evaluations and other personnel actions in accordance with agency policies.
• Represents Sarah’s Circle with speaking engagements, individual meetings, and group settings.
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining person networks; participating in professional organizations
• Perform general tasks and other duties assigned by supervisor
Attendance at Required Meetings
• All Staff meetings (quarterly)
• Department team meetings (weekly)
• Weekly leadership team meetings (weekly)
Attendance Required at Events
• All agency Events
• Additional Speaking Events as Required
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree in social service or related field desired, not mandatory. CFRE a plus
• 6 + years development experience, including 2+ years supervising all departmental functions, and a successful track record with major gift solicitations.
Special Knowledge and Skills
• Outgoing, relationship oriented personality.
• Commitment to and passion for the agency’s mission.
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Capacity to work with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
• Solid supervisory skills, proficient with coaching supervisees
• Demonstrates ability to work independently;
• Knowledge of systemic, societal issues relating to women and homelessness, and the ability to articulate these issues and Sarah’s Circle programming to the public.
Health and Safety Requirements/Instructions:
• Position requires the ability to lift approximately 20 lbs. when receiving food and other donations.
• Employees are advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates as compliant with federal law.
Contact Name: Stephanie Nilson
Company Name: Sarah's Circle
Contact Email: email@example.com
Sarah's Circle is a non-profit organization with a mission of serving women who are homeless or in need of a safe space. Located in Chicago's Uptown Community, Sarah's Circle has provided support for thousands of women since 1979.