|Facilities Technician III|
Company: Lake-Sumter State College
Location: Leesburg, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/30/2020
Expire Date: 12/30/2020
Job Categories: Energy / Utilities
Facilities Technician III|
At LSSC your success is our mission. We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC
.Interested in a career with the LSSC Facilities Team? We are looking for a team member who shares our dedication to providing high-value facilities care and achieving mutual success. The Technician III position is responsible for repairs and inspection on structural components of all college buildings. These components include roofs, slabs, walls, ceilings, floors windows and doors, as well as locking mechanisms. The Technician III is also responsible for small renovation and remodel projects.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inspect and made repairs to roofs and gutter systems
.2. Repair or replace damaged flooring and base.
3. Repair and replace celling tile and grid work
.4. Repair windows doors, and locks in order to assure smooth operation and safety.
5. Repair broken furniture and fixtures. Assemble new furniture. Hang items such as bulletin boards, shelving and equipment holders.
6. Make building alterations deemed as an in-house renovation. Work with and coordinate contractors need for assistance on such projects.
7. Assist with removal and re-locating furniture and fixtures as needed.
8. Perform preventive maintenance.
9. Assist wit wall preparation and painting on larger projects.
10. Form and pour concrete as needed.
11. Be available for emergency call-ins during your weekend, during a rotating on-call schedule.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Trade school certifications
.EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in building maintenance or construction.
A Physical Exam is Required.
Company Name: Lake-Sumter State College
Phone Number: 352 323 3642
Fax Number: 352 435 5026
Founded in 1962, Lake-Sumter State College is consistently ranked in the top 150 community colleges nationwide and among the best in the state of Florida. LSSC takes pride in providing a high-quality education at an affordable price, and has three locations, serving the rapidly expanding suburbs of the Orlando metropolitan area and The Villages. The Leesburg Campus, South Lake Campus (Clermont), and Sumter Center (Sumterville), collectively serve over 6,000 students annually. As a member of the Florida College System, LSSC is part of Florida’s workforce engine with programs and certificates designed to support and prepare students for today’s evolving workforce.