|Advice Business Model Strategist (remote)|
Location: MN - Minneapolis, WI - Appleton, US
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/20/2020
Expire Date: 01/20/2021
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance
Advice Business Model Strategist (remote)|
This role is responsible to explore, assess and lead into testing and execution of new business opportunities in the Financial Advice space across the whole spectrum of financial services – from guidance to wealth management. The role will consider the Advice service offerings enable Thrivent’s growth ambitions in the financial advisory space and growth in new customers and revenues. The role will also assess and integrate how advice offerings incorporate our core products (Life, Health, & Annuity Products), our managed accounts (Investments), and potentially new areas of engagement (banking, deposits, etc.) across channels. This role will partner closely with distribution areas to understand growth opportunities and craft Advice service offerings or business models that will drive Advice business growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion the exploration of the economic viability and feasibility of new concepts
- Generate new design opportunities by thinking creatively about financial impacts, risks, experiments, and data
- Use discovery-driven planning and financial modeling to explore Advice business models and offerings possibilities behind design concepts and to shape and influence their design
- Collaborate with partners such as Experience & Innovation, Distribution, and Marketing to develop new Advice approaches that meet the needs of our customers holistically.
- Design Advice business models that enhance and extend consumer experiences, focusing on the needs of the customer
- Prototype and pilot actual transactions with concepts to build confidence in the business model
- When applicable, own and run the new business proposition until it is ready to be handed off to core Thrivent operations
- Support the VP, Advice as the intellectual leader behind Advice business model at Thrivent
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or similar field
- FINRA SIE and Series 7 required or obtained within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- 5 years of Financial Services experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, or similar field
- 8+ years of Financial Advice experience, entrepreneurship, business modeling, and/or innovation consulting
Other Critical Factors
- Demonstrable experience taking an idea from theory and analysis into a market launch, bringing these items to life
- Successful candidates will combine rigorous business acumen across all of the following areas, along with world-class depth in one or two: Marketing (Product or Brand), Product Development, Organizational Behavior, Operations, Finance.
- Fluency in designing business models, carrying out market research, and performing financial modeling.
- Ability to pull together multiple different, and sometimes conflicting, inputs (data, qualitative feedback, hypothesis, etc.) into a common point of view.
- Openness to teaching other designers (independently of seniority) about business and energize the whole team with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and taking ownership. You are able to define your own role and responsibilities, without being told what to do.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.
At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given. At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our customers. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow. For over 100 years, Thrivent has been helping people build their financial futures and live more generous lives. Today, it’s a Fortune 500 company that offers a full range of expert financial solutions, serving more than 2 million customers, as well as the communities in which they live and work. Thrivent fosters a diverse workforce to serve our diverse clientele, reflecting a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. If you’re intrigued about our work and the possibility of becoming part of it, we invite you to visit Thrivent.com to learn more. You won’t just build a career; you’ll be part of an organization focused on growing, innovating, and serving.