|Core Faculty Positions|
Company: Michigan School of Psychology
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/24/2020
Expire Date: 01/24/2021
Job Categories: Education
Core Faculty Positions |
The Michigan School of Psychology (MSP) seeks talented applicants with a commitment to excellence in teaching for two full-time faculty positions, with one position dedicated to the doctoral program. There is opportunity for a multiple year contract after the first year of successful employment. Full-time faculty responsibilities include teaching master’s and doctoral level courses, advising and supervision of students, facilitation of student research, chairing dissertations as well as membership on faculty and institutional committees.
• possess knowledge of best practices in teaching methods;
• possess skills that promote the development of students’ critical thinking;
• demonstrate clinical knowledge, experience and expertise relevant to the courses taught;
• are actively involved in discipline-related scholarship
This is a 12-month appointment beginning the 2021-2022 academic year, consisting of three semesters, with the opportunity for a multiple year contract after the first year of successful employment. This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
The workload typically consists of:
• 5-6 classes over the course of three semesters, not to exceed 16 credit hours per academic year (e.g., 2:2:1 teaching load per semester across 3 semesters);
• 5-7 supervisees per year. Individual faculty may be assigned different combinations of credit hours and supervisees;
• Workload may include student advising, dissertation committee work, ongoing accreditation activities/compliance, participation in institutional initiatives, taskforce assignments and committees.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to and experience in working with diverse populations; will support the values and vision of MSP; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a commitment to the practitioner-scholar model of teaching; and a record of achievement in the field of health services psychology, research and clinical practice. MSP is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or service, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the MSP community.
• Doctorate degree in Psychology (PhD/PsyD) from an APA accredited program.
• Fully licensed, or eligible for licensure, in the State of Michigan
• 3-5 years teaching experience (preferred) and expertise in foundational areas of clinical psychology; graduate level teaching experience required.
• A demonstrated commitment to fostering an educational climate of inclusion and diversity
• A demonstrated ability to mentor students and supervise student research.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with students, faculty and professional staff.
The Michigan School of Psychology (MSP) is fully committed to increasing the diversity of the faculty and strongly welcomes applications from candidates who would enhance our inclusive educational community. MSP is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer.
A review of applications will begin January 15, 2021and review of complete applications will continue until the positions are filled. To apply, submit a cover letter of interest with a brief description of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, copies of graduate transcripts (unofficial accepted with application), and complete contact information for three references to:
Michigan School of Psychology
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Company Name: Michigan School of Psychology
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Michigan School of Psychology, an independent not-for-profit graduate school, provides an educational climate which inspires students to live up to their potential, professionally and personally. Offering an APA accredited Doctor of Clinical Psychology degree, a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology and a certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis, our mission is to educate psychologists today who will transform our world tomorrow. We believe in every person’s power to grow. MSP operates from three core values: (1) We respect every person. Period. (2) We value genuine relationships. (3) We practice what we teach. Our faculty are licensed psychologists and all are engaged in professional practice. MSP is committed to diversity, inclusion and educational equity and was founded in 1980 as the Center for Humanistic Studies, during the humanistic movement under the leadership of its founders. Please visit our website for more information about the Michigan School of Psychology: https://msp.edu The MSP campus is located in Farmington Hills, Michigan, a suburb of metropolitan Detroit, the largest urban area in Michigan. This is a culturally and ethnically diverse area, known as the world’s automotive capital and contains many major corporations. Metro Detroit is rich in arts, culture and business opportunity with world class hotels, restaurants, entertainment, museums and theaters. In 2018, Time Magazine named Farmington Hills as the best place to live in Michigan.