|Lead Network Engineer|
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Location: Azusa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/26/2020
Expire Date: 01/26/2021
Job Categories: Education
Lead Network Engineer |
The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment, and ongoing management of university-wide network services in a multi-campus and internet facing environment. The Engineer's mentorship of engineers will provide guidance on solution implementation and oversight on the quality of their work. The person in this position will lead the innovative product team in planning, designing, and developing the LAN/WAN and extensive WIFI infrastructure, installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, operation centers, and communication links. The Engineer provide leadership in the planning and design of network architecture in collaboration with the broader engineering team and architecture working group. The person in this position will enjoy investigating and recommending technology solutions as they relate to business needs and the overall network architecture and associated technologies. Passionate about the netowork engineering field, the Engineer will continuously gain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the network engineering discipline including awareness of new technologies, improvements/changes in network protocols, and standards changes. The Engineer will regularly assess capacity, identify needs, and bring forward recommendations for new projects. Based on the articulated design goals, the Engineer will recommend purchases, deploy and manage network infrastructure solutions including firewalls, routers, switches, network appliances and other hardware.
* A Bachelor degree in computer science or a related computer discipline, or equivalent experience, is required.
* Possession of a CCNP or equivalent.
* 10+ years of network services and operations experience in a professional environment.
* 4+ years leading a team of network engineers. Strong teamwork and team management skills: ability to lead and motivate team members preferably in a self-managing, team-based culture.
* Innovative alignment of business needs to the design and architecture of new and existing network products and services.
* Ability to creatively design technical solutions in the enterprise networking discipline including, LANs, WANs, WLANs and emerging cross-functional technologies.
* Budgetary experience for projects and annual predictive and/or capital expenditures.
* Project Management experience focusing on delivering value, based on captured needs, and ensuring a healthy team.
* Agile and Lean methods for product development and operations such as Scrum or Kanban.
* Product management experience a plus.
* Scripting, programming, or managing software development a plus.
* Designing and leading implementations of SSL and IPSec VPNs, including cloud endpoints.
* Managing Cisco Call Manager or equivalent in an enterprise environment.
* Managing redundant data circuits: OCx, DSx, MPLS, Metro Ethernet, etc.
* Advance knowledge in the following protocols:
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, HTTP, LDAP, IMAP, SMTP, SSL, SSH.
* Advanced experience with:
- Bandwidth shaping and QoS implementation.
- Switching, VLAN, STP, VPMS, Etherchannel, VSS, VPC.
- Static, EIGRP, RIPv2, OSPF, and BGP routing protocols
- Managing and editing of ACLs.
* Advanced experience of the following:
- NAC, VPN, remote access servers, security devices.
- Firewalls, security protocols, IDS / IPS, NAT/PAT.
- ACS, Adaptive Authentication, SecurID, Radius/LDAP/TACACS.
- WiFi, 802.1x, large footprint guest and employee wireless.
- Software Defined Networks.
* Extensive experience with implementing and administering PaloAlto firewall or equivalent in an enterprise environment.
* Ability to work on multiple efforts concurrently, independently and in teams.
* Ability to effectively communicate with executive, director and technical level individuals.
* Must be accustomed and adept at working on various projects simultaneously, ensuring the integrity of each project.
* Understanding of LAN/WAN/WLAN infrastructure and knowledge of current trends and technologies.
* Understanding of voice telecommunications standards and standard practices, and the ability to write white papers and proposals.
* Architecture capture and publication (e.g. network topography maps, diagrams, standards proposals).
* Understanding of OSI model.
* Working knowledge of data cabling standards: CAT6, CAT5, single and multimode fiber, etc.
* Working knowledge of basic network security models.
* Software Defined Networks and Network Protocols/Standards: 1x, 802.11[n-ac], IP (DNS, DHCP, SSL, IPSEC), NAT, IPv4, IPv6, VPN, SSL, EIGRP, OSPF, LWAPP,CAPWAP, QOS, QSIG etc.
* Network Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat), Open/Free BSD, Windows 2008/2012, Cisco IOS.
* Cloud environments and their new approach to networking: Amazon AWS, Azure etc.;
* Equipment: Cisco switches/routers, Palo Alto Firewall, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco WLC, Cisco ISE.
* Network traffic graphing utilities.
* Basic scripting (shell, python, etc.).
* Proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
* Knowledge of Cisco IOS command line interface.
* Knowledge of Linux command line interface.
* Team collaboration, tracking, documentation (JIRA, Confluence), ChatOps (e.g. Slack).
* Support Ticketing (Zendesk).
* Proficient in Google G Suite (Google Apps).
* Other technologies covered above.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.