|Membership and Credentialing Coordinator|
Company: National Recreation and Park Association
Location: Ashburn, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/14/2021
Expire Date: 03/14/2021
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Membership and Credentialing Coordinator|
NRPA believes in the power of parks and recreation to increase the health, wellness, vitality and resilience of communities everywhere. Rooted in social equity, NRPA advocates on behalf of all people, delivering funding, resources and innovative solutions to the issues impacting our communities.
NRPA is currently seeking a Membership and Credentialing Coordinator to join our Professional Development department.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for processing of credentialing batches. Follow established financial policies and procedures for completing batches.
• Assist in processing NRPA product orders, event registration, and other data entry as required. Collaborate with team on strategies to improve membership and credentialing processing procedures.
• Provides customer service to members and non-members within 24 hours through both the credentialing inbox and supporting customer service.
• Provide membership retention outreach support for the Senior Manager of Membership. This includes calls and emails encouraging expiring/expired members to renew.
Required Materials and Application Process: Applicants without the following required materials may not be considered for this position:
• Cover Letter detailing your background and description how your experience and education would make you a successful candidate for this position (limit 2 pages).
Applicants will first be evaluated on the completeness and qualifications of application materials. Qualified applicants will then be invited for a phone screen and selected applicants will be invited to a Zoom interview. Finalists will be required to submit references for a reference and background check.
• High School Diploma + 2 years of continuing education or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree or industry certification equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 2 years in related field; 2 - 3 years position specific experience preferred; Association or P & R exp preferred.
• Organization, excellent communication skills (written, verbal & interpersonal), customer service, collaborative problem solving, attention to detail, teamwork and data reporting.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and their relevance to NRPA's mission and operations and is able to represent those as part of external contacts.
• Adheres to NRPA policy and contributes to an inclusive work culture.
• iMIS database experience preferred
Candidate Work Style
• Excels in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Self-directed and detail-oriented with a collaborative and professional team spirit to contribute to a collegial, team-oriented environment
• Willing to travel up to 30 days per year outside of the Washington Metropolitan Area or your remote work location. Remote workers must visit NRPA Headquarters periodically including attendance at the NRPA annual conference.
Company Name: National Recreation and Park Association
NRPA values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are committed to integrating these core values more deeply into all elements of our daily work. NRPA is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, ethnic minorities, new Americans (immigrants and refugees), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, native people, and veterans. To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5-hour work-week, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions, and more. NRPA also offers a competitive Heath benefits package, generous PTO program where employees accrue 26 days of paid time per year, parental leave, and retirement and savings benefits. Although we are currently working remotely due to public health safety, NRPA headquarters is situated on park land in Ashburn, Virginia. This campus boasts a warm professional environment, with a relaxing and peaceful view of nature at its finest! The space offers indoor & outdoor eating areas, as well as indoor & outdoor fitness opportunities, including an air-conditioned fitness room with access to showers, as well as foot trails for the outdoor enthusiast. NRPA also maintains office space in Washington, D.C. for its D.C.-based staff that is centrally located and convenient to the blue, orange, silver and red subway lines.