|Senior Site Reliability Engineer|
Company: Truist Financial
Location: Raleigh, NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 02/23/2021
Expire Date: 04/23/2021
Job Categories: Banking, Financial Services, Web Technology
Senior Site Reliability Engineer|
At Truist, we want to inspire and build better lives and communities. With our collective passion, and commitment to innovation, we’re creating better financial experience to help our customers achieve more. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to build and grow the Retail Division CIO Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practice at Truist.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant native cloud systems. SRE ensures that Truist’s services have reliability and uptime appropriate to business needs and make rapid improvements and while closely monitoring capacity and performance. SRE uses innovative solutions by leveraging automation and code to improve production stability. Intensive focus on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. Responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other. You will ensure applications on-boarded to SRE are instrumented for full-stack observability and continuous testing, introduce continuous improvements, integrate into IT Operations, and share support responsibilities for critical customer journeys, business flows, and applications. You will also help us develop the strategy for AIOps through AI/ML and NoOps, delivering strategic innovation to improve availability, stability, and resiliency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
• Work with internal IT partners in evaluating and gathering requirements for establishing and/or enhancing application monitoring, observability, resiliency, and incident management.
• Communicate and document potential solutions, impact analysis, benefits/risks, implementation requirements, and recommended approach.
• Maintain a high-level of awareness and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, as well as industry and bank issues in order to recommend the utilization of the appropriate technologies to solve for business challenges and help guide Retail Technology in accomplishing goals.
• Review processes with the Architecture Working Groups (AWG) to identify potential architectural issues early in the development/procurement cycle for the purpose of steering the proposed solution towards a sound architectural conclusion.
• Provide application architecture consulting services to Retail Technology as requested/needed.
• Perform approved proof-of-concepts “testing” for application monitoring and resiliency.
• Participate in chaos testing to document and ensure application performance meets functional and operational standards, and does not impact the business needs of bank personnel and clients.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or IT, or equivalent education and related training
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in application development/support
• Significant knowledge in networking, database, and servers in a medium to large corporation at the enterprise level or similar consulting experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Significant knowledge of current and emerging application architecture principles, methodologies and tools
• Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking with ability to differentiate feasible from academic solutions
• Ability to translate high-level planning information into application needs/solutions
• Ability to grasp the ‘big picture’ for a solution by considering all potential options and impacted areas
• Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
• Proficient in understanding client service models and customer orientation in a service delivery environment
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
• You understand what it takes to solve problems in a complex system of interacting components.
• You are a Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Proven Technical Expertise with one or more of the following
• Software Development Java, Go, C/C++, Angular, R
• OS and Platform AWS, Lamda, EMR, PCF, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Linux, Azure, Windows, VMware
• CI/CD and Automation Jenkins, Gitlab, SonarQube, Artifactory, Ansible, Puppet, Apigee, GoCD, Terraform
• Observability and AIOps using one or more: Dynatrace, DataDog, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, Elastic, Kibana, Kafka, Splunk, CloudWatch, Jaeger, Zipkin, Kinesis, Apache Airflow, AppDynamics
Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired
• Financial Services experience
• AIOps Moogsoft, BigPanda, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), UIpath, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Frameworks
• Operations Tools ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Microsoft Teams, Symphony/Slack, Remedy, IBM Netcool
• Data/Data Structures Oracle, SQL, Mongo, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark
• Chaos Engineering and Performance Testing using: Gremlin, Chaos Monkey, Selenium, jmeter, Blazemeter, Performance Center, Quality Center/ALM, DevTest
• Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
• 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
BB&T and SunTrust formed Truist with a shared purpose—to inspire and build better lives and communities. With our combined resources, collective passion, and commitment to innovation, we’re creating a better financial experience to help people and businesses achieve more. With 275 years of combined BB&T and SunTrust history, Truist serves approximately 12 million households with leading market share in many high-growth markets in the country. The company offers a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending; and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist is the sixth-largest commercial bank in the U.S.