|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Account Manager, Genomics|
Location: Remote Location, GA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/02/2021
Expire Date: 07/10/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Military, Sales, Science, Purchasing, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Account Manager, Genomics|
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com. The Diagnostic and Genomics Group (DGG) at Agilent is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and people-oriented individual to join our successful and dynamic Americas Field Operations (AFO) team as a Genomics Account Manager.
In a direct sales role, as a Genomics Account Manager, you will be responsible for driving sales of both research and clinical genomics reagents, instrumentation, services and software within the assigned geography. As an integral member of the field sales team, you will use your excellent technical sales track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. As the Account Manager, you will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex Genomics workflow solutions across the Research to Clinical continuum. In collaboration with your regional Genomics team, you will also maintain and expand relationships with strategically important large customers in the assigned territory, such as key research institutes, reference laboratories, contract research organizations (CROs), consortia and other organizations, in line with Agilent's corporate strategy.
* Driving sales of high-performance Genomics end-to-end workflows, comprised of consumables, capital equipment, services and software for Array CGH, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and CRISPR Gene Editing.
* Experience in large, high profile account management including development, negotiation, and execution of pricing agreements.
* Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
* Effectively manage a funnel of leads and opportunities in CRM and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and territory narrative.
* Develop and execute a strategic territory business plan that will enable Agilent to gain market share and achieve sales goals in the Territory.
* Conduct product presentations and instrument usage demos with and without Field Applications Scientist (FAS) assistance.
* Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customers' needs.
* Understand Genomics applications in Basic and Clinical Research, Molecular and Companion Diagnostics, Government/Non-Profit, and Biotech/Pharmaceutical market segments and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products.
* Develop and maintain strategic customer relationships.
* Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.
* BS/MS/PhD in a Life Science discipline.
* Hands-on, laboratory experience with NGS and/or CGH microarrays a plus.
* Strong knowledge of Precision Medicine and the Clinical Genomics space.
* 4+ years direct sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling Genomics reagent portfolios and capital equipment into clinical genetics, pathology as well as clinical research laboratories.
What will make you stand out:
* Experience selling In Vitro Diagnostics (IVDs) to hospital and/or reference laboratories desired.
* Industry/Application expertise. Working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, applications, value propositions).
* Previous experience working with customer purchasing teams to manage effective contract negotiations preferred.
* Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal/external customers.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
* Highly motivated, with excellent self-management, organizational and prioritization skills.
* Demonstrated track record of achieving quota.
* Strong business development and sales closing skills.
* Ability to collaborate and work within a team selling environment to achieve territory sales goals.
* Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
* Location GA or TN
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled