|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Field Service Engineer - Indiana|
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/02/2021
Expire Date: 06/12/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Military, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical
Field Service Engineer - Indiana|
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Every day, Agilent Field Service Engineers help our customers to solve issues that enable scientists to make discoveries that enhance the quality of life. Through our work, we deliver insights and provide the support that keeps labs running smoothly and more efficiently. Join our multifaceted organization to be a part of this rewarding work.
As a Field Service Engineer for Agilent, you will work at a variety of labs, so having an appetite for continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables is key. Applying your communication skills, creativity and can-do attitude is essential. The ability to help with solving customer problems and a commitment to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is how you will build customer success.
You will be assigned to a dedicated site and responsible for supporting our customers with on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions. Our varied product lines include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites.
* Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
* Performs maintenance and repairs.
* Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
* Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
* Deliver fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems, and applications software.
* Train other field engineers and customers in the solutions
Job Requirement: Meet Agilent approved customer/vendor credentialing requirements necessary to gain site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by customer/vendor and may include, but are not limited to: post-employment background checks, various forms of drug testing, vaccinations, fingerprinting, proof of valid identification, and/or adherence to customer-specific substance abuse programs. Your consent to participate in customer-requested screening is a requirement of this position.
* Bachelor's, Master's or other university degree ideally within the science field -- e.g. chemistry, analytical chemistry biochemistry, biotechnology or similar; may consider applicants with an equivalent combination of training, education and direct experience
* 2+ years of experience in a similar position and/or experience as an end-user of analytical equipment -- specifically with spectroscopy; expertise with chromatography and mass spectroscopy also a plus
* Experience or expertise with troubleshooting and resolving complex problems in a customer-facing capacity
* Experience with Agilent solutions is a plus
* Clear written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel to various locations as needed to provide service at our client sites
* Valid driver's license is required
GEO LOCATION - Indiana Territory
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled