We are a company of passionate individuals striving to improve healthcare and patient experiences. Our evidence-based medical content and software tools empower both payers and providers to make the best decisions for patients. Our work makes a difference in the quality of care that hundreds of thousands of patients receive each day and we’re proud of our positive impact.
Help make the world a better place by working as a full stack developer on a team solving complex problems for the healthcare industry. Design, develop, and maintain solutions using cloud-based technologies in a team-focused environment that cares for its employees and its customers in equal measure. The MCG family provides patient-focused guidance to the healthcare community through content, technology, and customer service.
The Software Development Engineer on the Value Based Care team is an individual contributor on an Agile product development team. This role collaborates with the Value Based Care leadership team to establish technical standards and coordinates with MCG’s architects to define the technical architecture and engineering practices for high-quality solution development. Initially participate in revamping existing products and work on exciting new products as a team and Value-Based Care business grows
We’re looking for a curious, customer-centered Software Developer to join this team. Do you have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in your work? Then this could be an excellent fit for you!
In this role you will:
• Drive software development projects using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), including design, development, build, test and implementation
• Work with a Product Owner be part of the Scrum team through sprints and ceremonies to estimate and prioritize work, provide feedback, and share ideas along the way.
• Work with legacy systems to develop tests, refactor, and develop modern solutions with microservices and APIs to improve end-users MCG solutions
• Coordinate with MCG’s team of architects to ensure Value Based Care solutions are aligned with MCG’s architectural best practices
• Pair with other developers and move work items through the backlog to acceptance on time.
• Add value to users by thinking beyond the current problem and proactively problem-solving, developing an understanding of both the solutions and business domain.
• Adhere to established guidelines within the Scrum Team and create/update technical documentation.
• Participate in code and design reviews and provide coaching to other members of the team.
We'd love to hear from you if:
• You enjoy the challenge of modernizing legacy code, refactoring, testing, and are interested in building microservices and APIs.
• You’re familiar with Agile principles and ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily standup, demos, and retrospectives as we follow the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• You’re comfortable paired programming in an extreme programming environment (XP).
• You’re a code craftsperson and value quality, write unit tests and want to work in a test-driven development (TDD) environment.
• You’re self-motivated and take the initiative to solve problems and fixing things.
• You’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback as part of a collaborative team and development process.
• You have a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
• You have 2-3 years of professional software development experience.
• You've got a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is only with diverse thoughts and ideas that we'll be able to create the change we want in healthcare. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be for it.