|Senior Software Engineer|
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Location: Azusa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/07/2021
Expire Date: 05/07/2021
Job Categories: Education
Senior Software Engineer |
The Senior Software Engineer will mentor junior and associate-level developers by providing guidance on solution designs and oversight on the quality of code being produced by others, as well as developing standard procedures and approaches for review and delivery. The Engineer will write production code in Java, Web Services, and related technologies creatively designing integration solutions as part of our Enterprise Service Bus strategy, supporting mission critical systems used by upwards of 15,000 constituents.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the lifecycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. Increasingly, you will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations. Will serve as the product manager for the integration cross-functional team.
* S. in Computer Science or related Information Technology field required.
* Java and Oracle PL/SQL related certifications are highly desirable.
* Certifications in relevant Java frameworks, such as Spring, are beneficial.
* Should have recent programming experience with several of the following technologies and specifications:
- The Java language and Object Oriented programming.
- JDBC, SQL, Java Persistence API, Object-Relational-Mapping Frameworks.
- JSP, Servlets, Tag Libraries, and Web Frameworks (Webwork, Spring, etc).
- XML, DTDs, XML Schemas, and XSLT.
- Build Systems, such as Ant or Maven.
- Version Control Systems, such as CVS or Subversion.
- Web Servers and Servlet Containers, such as Apache Web Server and Tomcat.
* Should have experience in several of the following disciplines, concepts, or practices:
- Unit testing and continuous integration.
- UML Models, Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams.
- Integration Strategies and Technologies / ESB (MuleSoft preferred)
- IT Infrastructure and Web Operations (DevOps)
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Creatively design, develop, test, and deploy new software and services.
* Serve as the product manager for integration. Lead a team of engineers to integrate new software and services with those existing, particularly with Identity and Access Management, PeopleSoft Enterprise systems, and Cloud offerings using the Enterprise Service Bus.
* Mentor and coach software engineers and developers.
* Encourage and perform development disciplines and practices, including documentation, issue tracking, design/code reviews, and unit and functional testing, creating policy as needed.
* Provide input to senior management for performance evaluations, having visibility as to the effectiveness of technical staff in team settings.
* Perform data analysis and database design activities as part of development.
* Assume internal project/product management role and/or task management.
* Learn new technologies in support of the disciplines described above, as well as emerging integration patterns and DevOps models for operational efficiency, availability, and performance.
* Partner with the Software Architect to assist with new paradigms for integration architecture.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Ability to work on multiple efforts concurrently, independently and in teams.
* Java development, including the use of various Java frameworks.
* Object-Oriented Programming
* SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and other relational database experience, including SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
* Web Services development, including REST and SOAP-based messaging.
* Experience with various middleware and/or ETL related technologies.
* PeopleTools 8.x development, especially Integration Broker related development.
* Familiarity with data security constructs, including SSL and certificates.
* Functional knowledge various operating environments, especially Linux and Windows server environments.
* Configuration Management approaches to DevOps.
* Ability to work with Active Directory and LDAP directories and protocol.
* Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity concerns and how they relate to development.
* This position requires repetitive hand motions at computer keyboard.
* It requires sitting and/or standing 5-6 hours per day.
* Includes occasional listening and speaking on the telephone.
* Ability to conduct business at other offices around campuses.
* Ability to reach, grasp, pull, bend, lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
* Computer monitor, reading.
* Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Various enterprise software development technologies and tools, including Java, related Java frameworks, middleware solutions, Enterprise Service Bus (MuleSoft), Oracle RDBMS, PeopleTools, Server and Network Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Cisco).
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please see job description