|Industrial Engineer - Store Operations Internship (Remote)|
Location: REMOTE, AZ
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 04/07/2021
Expire Date: 05/07/2021
Job Categories: Engineering, Information Technology, Other
Industrial Engineer - Store Operations Internship (Remote)|
About the Team
There are a lot of activities that happen in our stores, so we have 2 operations teams to make sure things run smoothly: Store Operations team and Services Operations team. Store Operations leads all operations in the core section of our stores including merchandise execution, process improvement, associate engagement, live pet care, and labor optimization. Our Services group leads all the efforts for Pet Grooming, PetsHotel, Doggie Day Camp and Pet Training. Both teams work hard to take care of our associates, pets, and pet parents while also working to grow this unique piece of our business.
About the Job
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Experience the Store Operations function of the leading pet specialty retailer firsthand
- Understand how process improvement drives in-store execution efficiencies to allow for additional customer facing time
- Leave your “paw” print with a project designed to make a true impact on the business
- Present your recommendations and innovative ideas to PetSmart leaders
- Develop and grow your skills with the support of a caring manager and dedicated mentor
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- A love for deep diving into details and finding solutions
- You excel at Excel
- Passion for retail - and puppies!
- You're a great communicator
- Design capabilities
- Undergraduate junior (graduating December 2021 or May 2022)
MAYBE YOUR MAJOR IS
- Supply Chain