|Accounts Payable Specialist|
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Location: Azusa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/13/2021
Expire Date: 05/13/2021
Job Categories: Education
Accounts Payable Specialist |
This position is responsible for various accounts payable duties in the Business Office. This position provides direct support for processing the day-to-day vendor invoice and payment obligations. This includes processing all types of requests for payment i.e., Vendor Invoices, contracts, independent contractor pay requests, expense reimbursements, check Requests, and utility bills.
* High school graduate, additional education in business or accounting desirable.
* Two-three years of accounts payable experience in a high-volume company, preferably higher education.
* Experience in working cross-departments for vendor and customer relations.
* Experience in excellent vendor invoice and customer related problem-solving skills
* Experience in sharing responsibility with a team to reach a common goal including working collaboratively and cooperatively with team members.
* Experience in multi-task work and focus on the detail in a high-volume, busy environment.
* Experience in communicating with all levels of an organization using strong oral and written skills.
* Experience in and understanding of general ledger account numbers, independent contractors, sales and use tax regulations, W-9 and CA Non-Res 587 requirements and general reporting in accordance to GAAP.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Perform analysis and processing of various types of accounts payable transactions including Vendor invoices, Check Requests, contracts, Trusts, Annuities, Expense Reimbursements, independent contractor pay requests, Utility and Insurance bills.
* Reviews and monitors for proper authorizations and timely payments by choosing the proper payment method with the vendor i.e. check, ACH, Wire, credit card.
* Perform accurate recording to the accounting system of all payment requests in accordance with university policies and procedures and GAAP.
* Provides professional customer service in all interactions with proper greetings, service and performance of the transaction.
* Provide assistance to both internal and external customers for problem-solving, training, and education.
* Works collaboratively and cooperatively with co-workers in a busy, close environment focused on the goal for team success with the responsibility of fostering a positive team spirit.
* Contributes to the overall success of the Business Office by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
* The ability to learn, apply, and communicate policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to assigned duties.
* The ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills.
* Detail-oriented person who can focus on the details while adapting to changes easily.
* Proficiency with using a Computer, Word and Excel programs with accuracy.
* Data entry required knowing 10 key by touch.
* The ability to work effectively in a loud, high volume environment that is constantly changing.
* The ability to prioritize, organize, and problem-solve while working with team members.
* Good telephone skills and use of all other business equipment.
* Ability to interact effectively with vendors, faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
* Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision, take initiative, and be creative.
* Ability to communicate with supervisor for support.
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
* Logical problem solving.
* Ability to identify internal control weaknesses and effectively communicate operational and functional improvements to supervisor.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects of the position.
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Requires continuous periods of sitting, 5-6 hours a day.
* Extensive computer keyboard work.
* Repetitive wrist and finger motions.
* Talking and good listening demands.
* Ability to lift, pull, grasp, bend to lower file drawers and reach to top of a five drawer file cabinet.
* Able to lift up to 20lbs.
* Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
* Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
* Pleasant office with some noise and many people; comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.