|Manager / Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs|
Company: Kezar Life Sciences
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/14/2021
Expire Date: 06/14/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Manager / Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs|
Kezar Life Sciences (NASDAQ: KZR), a clinical-stage biotechnology sciences company located in South San Francisco, is seeking a Manager / Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs. This position will report to the Director of Medical Affairs and will support the Medical Affairs function in preparing and executing a robust integrated evidence generation plan for compounds in development. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical/scientific affairs with experience working in high achievement medical affairs group in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
Kezar is focused on small molecule drug discovery and development to target immune-mediated diseases and cancer. Kezar’s lead product candidate, KZR-616, a selective inhibitor of the immunoproteasome, is being evaluated in Phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of severe autoimmune diseases. KZR-261, Kezar’s first oncology candidate targeting the protein secretion pathway via the Sec61 translocon, is entering Phase 1 clinical trials in several oncology indications.
• Support the execution of Medical Affairs strategy to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and assist in development, management, and tracking of publication plans
• Collaborate with internal team to facilitate the development of abstracts and posters, and to ensure the science and data of pipeline products are understood and communicated properly
• Manage presence at relevant medical congresses/scientific meetings
• Identify and implement best practices and standardized processes for publication planning
• Maintain knowledge of the therapeutic area, current medical practice, and pharmaceutical regulations to help ensure best practices
• Lead and contribute to other Medical Affairs projects as needed
• Graduate degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) with 3+ years of related experience
• Ability to analyze and interpret clinical data
• Excellent oral and written skills, and proficient in effectively communicating complex information
• Understands SOPs, guidelines, regulations, and statutes from regulatory authorities and governmental agencies
• Understands scientific communications and clinical research process
• Experience in immunology or oncology preferred but not required
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Founded in 2015 and based in South San Francisco, Kezar (pronounced “keys are”) Life Sciences is combining courage, conviction and cutting-edge science to develop breakthrough treatments for immune-mediated and oncologic disorders – with the hope of helping people overcome their disease and live a better life. We are pioneering first-in-class, small molecule therapies that harness master regulators of cellular function to inhibit multiple drivers of disease via single, powerful targets. We are translating our innovative research in protein degradation (via immunoproteasome inhibition) and protein secretion (via the Sec61 translocon) to have a significant clinical impact in the most difficult-to-treat diseases.